Any WAV editing software for PPC?

Guest DancingMatt

Guest DancingMatt

Hi all

The Orange M500 (if it becomes available again, otherwise perhaps the Wizard or M600) has caught my eye, so this is the first time I've even looked into the PPC software world.

Is there any kind of audio editing software for PPC? I use Adobe Audition normally but obviously I'm not expecting that! What I would like to do is be able to edit Windows PCM .WAV files, no need for multiple track sequencing or lots of filter transforms, really just being able to crop WAVs would be a good start. I could go out, record some stuff for a radio show, and then edit it down whilst I'm out and about. Lovely :o

Ideally then being able to open a WAV file, play it back, and then being able to specify the start and end times of a section to delete, play it again, delete a bit more, undo once, etc. Doesn't even need a graphical display of the waveform (although that would be good if you could zoom in and use the stylus to mark a section), could get by with just text entry boxes.

Beyond that, would be nice to be able to also edit MP3/MP2/WMAs. If there isn't software already available (or even if there is) then does anyone fancy having a go at writing one?! Strikes me as pretty simple for a WAV file, if I play back a WAV and want to delete the first 0.789 seconds, isn't it just a simple edit to the WAV?

Any thoughts? Or points in the right direction?

Thanks all