c550 homescreens

Guest neuty

i`ve added 4 homescreens to my c550,and have now added 2 more from here, but none of these have been recognised.

they show up in file manager but cant see them in my homescreens.

any ideas

big thanks neuty.

its a little tiresum the bugs/problems on these phones,but it`s still a cracker, and more people who see it at work and don`t know what it is they are all very impressed

Guest nevawlkalone
The only limit would be the amount of memory free. When you say they don't show up, what do you mean? And which homescreens are they?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you put them in the Volatile folder then they will be deleted each time you shut your phone down.

hotphil.

when you enter the homescreens menu (start>4>4>home screen layout)i can see all the default homescreens plus plus 5 i have installed and can use.(from kleinweder site).

i have since installed aston martin and lightning from off here and i cannot see these in the home screen layout page,but i can see them in file manager.

i`m a bit confused,it should be so simple i had tonnes of screens on my old mpx200.

maybe another hard reset

Guest Disco Stu

My apologies if this is a stupid question but have you taken the files out of the unzipped Aston Martin folder and put the xml & jpg files into \Application Data \Home ?

yes disco stu.

as i said earlier i have already installed 4 homescreens without no problems ,i saw the new ones on this site and they looked cool,so installed them as i did all the others.

i`m gonna un-install all the screens and install only the new ones tomorrow and see what happens.

thanks all neuty

Guest Disco Stu

Sorry Neuty, just making sure the basics were covered - you have to remember someone else might read this later :o

The only time I've heard of people having problems with homescreens is with cab / hme installers. You have to take care to uninstall one before you load the next, but this clearly is not the case with your problem.

Let us know how you get on

not a problem Disco Stu .

its sorted now.

don`t know what the problem realy was but i removed all my added homescreens and re-installed each one at a time .turned my phone off then back on after each one and all is working now.

ive got all homescreens including the new ones on.

thanks all neuty