Unusual backlight problem

Guest childrey

Guest childrey

I was, like everyone here, suprised to find that the c550's screen was not visible once the backlight had switched off after a few seconds. It was a problem - but one I could live with.

But now I don't have to. Because I can't get the damn thing to switch off!

I've set the power management as usual (Backlight time out: 5secs, Display time out: 30secs) but it still won't go off. Has anyone else had this problem? Apart from the obvious battery concerns, I'm worried about my display burning traces into the screen. That and the fact it now looks like I have a radioactive crotch.

Can anyone help? I only got this phone recently and it's a bit concerning to have worries so soon.

Thanks

Chris :o

are you running any apps in the background? some (eg. mapopolis & my keyboard driver) override the display timout.

try turning everything off using the task manager.

I was, like everyone here, suprised to find that the c550's screen was not visible once the backlight had switched off after a few seconds. It was a problem - but one I could live with.

But now I don't have to. Because I can't get the damn thing to switch off!

I've set the power management as usual (Backlight time out: 5secs, Display time out: 30secs) but it still won't go off. Has anyone else had this problem? Apart from the obvious battery concerns, I'm worried about my display burning traces into the screen. That and the fact it now looks like I have a radioactive crotch.

Can anyone help? I only got this phone recently and it's a bit concerning to have worries so soon.

Thanks

Chris :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest childrey

The problem was still happening even when I had used Quickclose to close everything.

I have since found out that once I turn the phone off and on again the problem stops, but it happens again if I install something.

Is it required to reset your phone everytime you instal new software or is this another bug?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Quick close will not help as certain applications have bugs which can cause this and not the phone. For example TomTom 5 and the new racing game by Pocket New (in beta)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reuben_ahmed
Quick close will not help as certain applications have bugs which can cause this and not the phone. For example TomTom 5 and the new racing game by Pocket New (in beta)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem but only seems to be when i have less than half battery.

I have shut all programs down with task manager and it still persists

Guest scrattyrat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi - does anyone know what the tomtom5 backlight bug is? Ive searched but cant find anything about it. Ive noticed since i installed it that my backlight no longer stays on when my phone is charging, which unfortunatley was a feature i really liked & would like back!

Cheers