Best Bluetooth headset to use with universal?

Guest London_jonny

Guest London_jonny

I was just wondering what people think the best headset is to use with the Universal?

I bought a Jabra bt800 this week as i thought the caller id would be the perfect compliment to the HTC, but when I took it out the package it literally fell apart in my hands and the production quality seems awful. I was hugely dissapointed.

I'm wondering whether to see if its just a one off and get a replacement Jabra or get a totally different device? any recommendations?

If you end up not liking it, you could check out the SE HBH-662. I have one, and it is very well built. It has caller ID, which is almost a must with the Universal I suppose.

Guest james.njan

I have a Plantronics M2500, which I've found fantastic; it's similar to the jabra headsets in that it loops behind the ear, but the microphone boom goes over rather than under, which is a more intuitive feel to me; the battery life is great (I tend to charge it once every 3 - 7 days and probably make about an hour's worth of calls a day, and I've never once had it even complain of running low), and it's fairly robust; I've dropped it down several flights of stairs and I really abuse the thing, and after 2 months it's showing no signs of wear and tear other than a scuff or two.

I've also found that having the earpiece statically outside my ear canal, rather than pushed all of the way in is much better; although the design of the unit and the way in which it holds the speaker just outside your ear makes it a little hard to put on at first (you get used to it), having a non-intrusive headset like this is far more comfortable.

The only thing I don't like about it is the positioning of the buttons - as the answer/end button is out on the boom, it takes two fingers to push it, because you have to brace the boom with another finger (there isn't enough resistance to be able to push it without the thing just moving and being pushed off your ear). That said, I'm not sure how this would be an issue for me, it just requires a little more deliberacy in use.

Range is pretty good, sound quality and pickup (even in relatively noise environments) is pretty good too - and it's much better in wind then most of the headsets I've used (bundled with the e200, c500, and m2000).

Hope that helps! :o

Hi

Am I correct in thinking the BT800 only displays the incoming number but the HBH-662 displays the name from the phone book?

If this is the case is anyone successfully using the 662 with a Universal and has the name from the phonebook displayed correctly ?

No, this is not correct.

I have both devices and as much as they are capable of displaying the caller name, neither of them do so with the Universal.

HTC seem unable, or unwilling to send phonebook entries to headsets with caller ID as none of their devices do it.

Both work fine with my SE P910i though.

No, this is not correct.

I have both devices and as much as they are capable of displaying the caller name, neither of them do so with the Universal.

HTC seem unable, or unwilling to send phonebook entries to headsets with caller ID as none of their devices do it.

Both work fine with my SE P910i though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the quick reply, as a matter of interest which do you prefer?

I already have a SE headset, however the Jabra seems to have a bigger display.

Do both show the number of the caller