MPX200, crap sound, what to do?

Guest arcanex

Hi all!

my MPX200 is 3 months old and all of a sudden the receiving sound during a call is screwed up. Basically, it alternates between normal, really soft and far away, and somewhat warped. The person on the other end can hear me perfectly, however.

Is it a hardware problem, or is it the software? Whichever, I dunno what to do as lost my warranty while moving. It costs about the same to fix as it does buying a new phone... Help much appreciated.

Cheers!

Nick

Hm, I'm a bit worried about taking it apart myself, and dunno where to get appropriate tools. Suggestions?

Uhm, moving doesn't have anything to with it as have moved within the same city...

Thanx though, any suggestion more than welcome...

Has this problem only started after you moved?

It's possible the problem may be transmitter related. (just a thought)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest pauliewog

I use to have a similar problem when I was talking and in motion, I figured it was a signal strength problem. Somewhere along the line of either the merger from At&t to Cinguler - OR- after I upgraded the firmware it stopped. Also, since I have moved to TMobile I have not had this problem at all. Just a few things to consider.

Mmm one other thing, do you use your handsfree headset? When i use to use it I would plug it in, worked great. After I would unplug the handsfree headset, then replugged it without rebooting the phone I would loose any incoming sound. Had to pull the headset and use the phone normally until I rebooted the phone, than again that has not happened since I ugraded to WM2003.