GoogleOS

Guest confused and hungover

[1212]screenshot.gif

File Name :: GoogleOS

Author :: confused and hungover

Category :: Computer

Description ::

will google ever release an operating system? i don't know. will it ever make it to smartphone? i don't really care. but if it does, i figure this is what it could look like.

my ultimate goal is to make the search bar at the bottom actually work as a search bar, or at the least connect to the internet and go to google.com.

to install, transfer all the files to application data\home then select GoogleOS as the homescreen, leaving background image as default. you need RJshortcuts and smart monitor installed.

enjoy

View File

nice idea...but does the bar actualy works?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not yet. soon..... maybe. depends if i can figure out how to make a shortcut invisible, then it could take you to google.com.

it would be possible to make the google search bar actually take strings of text and search the internet but i would have to write a whole new plugin and i'm not actually that talented with programing...

not yet. soon..... maybe. depends if i can figure out how to make a shortcut invisible, then it could take you to google.com.

it would be possible to make the google search bar actually take strings of text and search the internet but i would have to write a whole new plugin and i'm not actually that talented with programing...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can hide RJ shortcuts easily - just read the documentation on the website. If you pass http://www.google.com as an argument to iexplore.exe then it should lead you to the website. Also maybe you could do it so a mouse cursor appears when you hover over the search button (like my homescreen HERE) to show when it is selected. Btw thanks for your icons mark series they helped me a lot with that homescreen.

I think the idea is a good one but writing a whole new plugin could take a while - you might be able to ask Remy J about showing you his source and write some new code to display text boxes and the text you enter could be stored in strings that can be used with the args="" tag in the xml.

Good luck with it! :o

Edited by Jamma14

You can hide RJ shortcuts easily - just read the documentation on the website. If you pass http://www.google.com as an argument to iexplore.exe then it should lead you to the website. Also maybe you could do it so a mouse cursor appears when you hover over the search button (like my homescreen HERE) to show when it is selected. Btw thanks for your icons mark series they helped me a lot with that homescreen.

I think the idea is a good one but writing a whole new plugin could take a while - you might be able to ask Remy J about showing you his source and write some new code to display text boxes and the text you enter could be stored in strings that can be used with the args="" tag in the xml.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i might steal your mouse cursor to replace the crosshair i've been using up until now... :o i've been studying the RemyJ page, so far unsuccessfully. I’ve also been trying to get in touch with him about the text box but he is notoriously difficult to pin down :(

it would be cool though, if you think about it… all the cool home screens you could make with a search box tucked away somewhere, maybe like a drop down menu from the top which shows up a search box for yahoo or google or whatever (like konfabulator widgets?!). Also, no matter what I tried, I couldn’t get the cursor in the search box to flash like it does in the preview gif, I’m guessing it would have to be a fully animated home screen to get it flashing.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.