Stopped using my C550

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

A shaggy dog story....

I used to have an A920 on 3 - it was a brick and the reception was awful and it did not work very well, then last August I got a C500 and fell in love :o

For some reason I turned on my A920 in January and found that 3 had erected a new mast and I now got full reception at home (I get no reception on Orange) and at that time I could get the Motorola a1000 with 750mins / month and 150 texts for the equivilent of £20/month after cashback so I got it and used it as a second phone for the free minutes etc. but my main phone was my C500 which I still loved.

When the C550 came out I naturally got one (on another good deal with cashback) but when my original contract ran out I found that orange wouldn't let me transfer my number (I had just been using my old SIM in my new phone) but were quite prepared to give me a PAC.

While wondering what to do (I've had my main number for some years now and really didn't want to lose it) I got myself a new woman and suddenly found my 150 texts were nowhere near enough so looked to see if I could change my calling plan with 3. I was paying £40 + £5 for vid add on for 750 mins and 150txts and on their website they had a plan for £30/month with 400 mins and 1000 txts and 50mins video calling, 50 MMS and £5 worth of downloads included - seemed ideal.

So I rang 3 and asked to change to this plan to be told it was only available to new customers! OK I said, can I reduce my existing contract to a minimum (it will take 2 months I have to step to an intermediate one first) and they said yes, so my a1000 will give me 1000 w/e and off peak minutes for £20/month and I got a new phone with the new tariff free of charge. and will end up paying £5/ month more than I was (until feb then I can cancel the A1000 contract).

So I now have a new phone and a PUC code from Orange so have transferred my main number onto my new 3 phone.

I would tell you what it is but I don't like swearing suffice to say it's a 6680 - a smartphone not a SmartPhone. It is NOT as good as the C550 but it's good enough. I really can't see the need to carry two phones around with me and am not sure how much I will be using the C550 now.

Until I get a Universal (which I really shouldn't do, but it's soooo tempting) I might have deserted the SmartPhone!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I told you I was deranged!!!!