Email Push

Guest Pagemakers

Guest inspectorgadjet

I believe that this involves a software update being installed on the exchange server as well to work. I'm not sure of the specifics though. I will only need to look into it further when I get my Universal.

The Push Email solutions I've come across in the past are software based (although often built into the rom). I would expect the inclusion of Push Email would be dependant on the provider. Much the same way T-Mobile were able to steal a march over the other Blue Angel resellers by including a client in their later rom...

Exchange e-mail push which is the WM5 equivelant of RIM Blackberry requires Exchange Server 2003 SP2 which isn't available yet.

I've been reading up on this to deploy on our mailservers when it's available.

Guest Dumdidum

Push Email needs 2 things: First the Exchange SP 2 (Which isnt ready, only a Technology Preview) and second the Windows Messaging Pack for the Universal...

Both should be distributed together, but I heard that the release of it is "Early 2006", which is REALLY disappointing as a big advantage of the WM 5.0-Devices is this features - but it was never been mentioned that it will not be available for several month...

Really waiting for this one!

Sven

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scott2eyes

Email is "pushed" to the device by the server when it's received (as opposed to "pulled" by the device when it checks for new mail every half hour or whatever interval you set it to...)