new layouts

Guest boo13

hey peoples. i could probably guarantee this question has been asked before, but i can't find it anywhere. my sister has the 2002 version, and i have the 2003, and she has more layouts than me. she has the "simple" layout where there are no icons on the home screen. how do i get that layout? do i have to install it, or what. also, how do you install themes. where do you put it in the file manager on the phone? how do you install it on the phone? lots of questions .. any help would be awesome .. thanks guys!! :??:

hey peoples. i could probably guarantee this question has been asked before, but i can't find it anywhere.  my sister has the 2002 version, and i have the 2003,  and she has more layouts than me.  she has the "simple" layout where there are no icons on the home screen.  how do i get that layout?  do i have to install it, or what.  also, how do you install themes.  where do you put it in the file manager  on the phone?  how do you install it on the phone?  lots of questions .. any help would be awesome .. thanks guys!! :??:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For WM 2002, layouts are stored under the path, \Windows. You may also keep

them under, \IPSM\Application Data\Home, especially, if you will be making some

modifications on them.

By searching for "*.home.xml" files, it is possible to find existing layout files

on the phone' s storage.

In order to switch to another layout, there is no need to install anything unless

you are dealing with a theme setup file. The following commands will do the trick,

Programs > Settings > Home Screen > Home Screen Layout: [New layout file]

How you install themes depend on the type of installation files. The files with .hme

extensions are the simplest ones, where they only change the color scheme and

home screen background image. For installing them, just copy them into the

phone' s storage and run the file.

Edited by kerem