muting the speaker

Guest thebeachbum

Guest thebeachbum

is there anyway to mute the speakers completely while (for example) listening to mp3s through headphones? the headset profile is automatically selected then the music plays through the speaker as well as the headphones which isnt ideal :roll:

ideas? its got to be pretty simple...

Guest pd.ryder

I'll assume you're using plug-in type headphones, such as the ones supplied in the box?

If so, summat's up with your phone, or you haven't pushed the jackplug all the way in. I get no such silly behaviour from my 550.

Have you pulled the flippy-flappy cover off? You might have a foreign body in the hole (oo-er) if you have, or, maybe, the cover is interfering with the plug pushing all the way home.

Either way up, it shouldn't be doing what yours is doing :o

Guest thebeachbum

gah.... this is sillyness

i havent taken the cover off, still worried about tearing it, besides i like it. but i pulled it sufficiently hard that i could see a clear gap between it and the plug... and STILL it does it.

out of interest its the speaker next to the IR not the speaker above the screen which is doing it. maybe if i could stop it from going onto 'headset' profile automatically?

EDIT: someone else having the same sort of trouble

Edited by thebeachbum