CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest removed-2
This is a very good idea.

I did a little research in the last minutes and found out that it's doable, but not that simple.

I really think it's not worth the effort as there is another solution to do this. Are there any other opinions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you talking about the effort involved in creating xbar macros to do this task or if in general its worth doing this sms'ing using another method?

Thanks

Mark

hi thanks for this nice program but i try to install the program on my sp5 but it appears with me this ((Installation was unsuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it deos not have sufficient system permissions)) :cry: what shall i do

Guest maniac103
hi thanks for this nice program but i try to install the program on my sp5 but it appears with me this ((Installation was unsuccessful.the program or setting cannot be installed because it deos not have sufficient system permissions))  :cry: what shall i do

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Simply follow the instructions from here. You don't need SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe here.

Guest removed-2

Hi,

I am now using this program but wondered if there is a wait to physically see (from the cell reference) where my phone is (or rather the cells that I have allocated to a specifc place)???

Is there a web site where you can enter the cell references and get a "google map" style display?

Thanks

Sorry, but this is not possible. The GSM part of the MPX220 is not integrated into the main CPU which is the case for all the other smartphones including the MPX200. That's why I can't read the LAC/CellID data on MPX220 ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really don't exist possibility how evade this problem? It's great app and i need it. :cry:

Edited by Petyas

Really don't exist possibility how evade this problem? It's great app and i need it. :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That must work. When this work on MPx 200, must work on MPx 220. Maybe is it different way and little bit complicated, but cannot it be impossible. Please look at this phone and try solve support fo MPx 220.

Guest maniac103
That must work. When this work on MPx 200, must work on MPx 220. Maybe is it different way and little bit complicated, but cannot it be impossible. Please look at this phone and try solve support fo MPx 220.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you know how to do it, please tell me. I have nothing more to say regarding MPX220 than I said before. You have to blame Motorola that they used a CPU which does not have the GSM part integrated into the CPU, but instead of that has Java acceleration :roll:

The MPX200 does not have this problem, it uses a similar CPU like the HTC phones.

If you know how to do it, please tell me. I have nothing more to say regarding MPX220 than I said before. You have to blame Motorola that they used a CPU which does not have the GSM part integrated into the CPU, but instead of that has Java acceleration  :roll:

The MPX200 does not have this problem, it uses a similar CPU like the HTC phones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm afraid i don't know how to do it. But this information need phone software, isn't? How read it him? Is't pity, that i can't help you, because your software is really well and is it right what i need, what i find.

Guest maniac103
I'm afraid i don't know how to do it. But this information need phone software, isn't? How read it him? Is't pity, that i can't help you, because your software is really well and is it right what i need, what i find.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I do not understand you at the moment. Can you elaborate a bit more?

To illustrate the problem:

Here is a schematic picture of the OMAP710 which is built into the MPX200.

Here is the same picture for the OMAP1611 which the MPX220 has.

You can see clearly that the OMAP710 has built-in GSM, where the OMAP1611 has a DSP which accelerates Java :roll: The GSM part of the MPX220 is connected to the CPU via an UART. What we do not know is the port number (ok, we can find out by trying) and the command set as there is no public documentation. The latter is especially problematic...

Wouldn't be possible to get some useful information from the engineering mode to solve this problem? (port, instruction set..) ..just an idea..maybe stupid idea 8)

It makes me crazy that I can't run such a great application on my MPX220 :cry:

Guest maniac103
Wouldn't be possible to get some useful information from the engineering mode to solve this problem? (port, instruction set..)  ..just an idea..maybe stupid idea  8)

It makes me crazy that I can't run such a great application on my MPX220  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, I don't have a MPX220 to do research by myself.

If you find out anything in this direction, please let me know.

Especially interesting is:

- Does the engineering mode keystroke call an executable?

- If yes, is this extractable somehow?

- If yes, can you provide me with that? ;)

Wouldn't be possible to get some useful information from the engineering mode to solve this problem? (port, instruction set..)  ..just an idea..maybe stupid idea  8)

It makes me crazy that I can't run such a great application on my MPX220  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes that what i thought. When i start enginnering menu, i can look at cellid, lac of neerest cells or service cell. Every informations are there. I browsed net, but where engineering menu is stored, i don't found. It look like, that i can say good-bye this good app.

Guest removed-2

Ok so I have been using this CellProfileSwitcher and thinks its great, especially for putting my phone on silent when I get to work and normal when I leave!!!

My question is:-

Does this integrate with CellTrack at all?

Can CellTrack run at the same time?

CellTrack plugs into www.world-tracker.com and will track locations, however if this can post the Cell information to the CellTrack DB I only need use this application?? Is this possible?

Thanks

Mark

Guest maniac103
Does this integrate with CellTrack at all?

Can CellTrack run at the same time?
I am pretty sure it can.

CellTrack plugs into www.world-tracker.com and will track locations, however if this can post the Cell information to the CellTrack DB I only need use this application??  Is this possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you want my tool to do the same thing as CellTrack? No, I won't build this into my app. As my original intention was to make this program for myself and I personally have no use for CellTrack at all, I have to be a bit selfish here ;)

Thats for MPx220. I not tested, i'm not good in C++. :

int GetCell(LPTSTR outData)

{

HANDLE hCom;

char * xpos;

char rsltstr[5];

int CellId;

int bufpos;

DCB dcb;

COMMTIMEOUTS to;

DWORD nWritten;

DWORD event;

DWORD nRead;

char outbuf[20], buf[256];

BYTE comdevcmd[2]= {0x84, 0x00};

hCom = CreateFile(L"COM9:",GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE,0,0,OPEN_EXISTING,0,0);

if (hCom==NULL || hCom==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)

{

hCom= NULL;

return -1;

}

if (!GetCommState(hCom, &dcb))

{

return GetLastError();

return -2;

}

dcb.BaudRate= CBR_115200;

dcb.ByteSize= 8;

dcb.fParity= false;

dcb.StopBits= ONESTOPBIT;

if (!SetCommState(hCom, &dcb))

{

return -3;

}

if (!EscapeCommFunction(hCom, SETDTR))

{

return -4;

}

if (!GetCommTimeouts(hCom, &to))

{

return -6;

}

to.ReadIntervalTimeout= 0;

to.ReadTotalTimeoutConstant= 200;

to.ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier= 0;

to.WriteTotalTimeoutConstant= 20000;

to.WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier= 0;

if (!SetCommTimeouts(hCom, &to))

{

return -7;

}

if (!SetCommMask(hCom, EV_RXCHAR))

{

return -8;

}

if (!DeviceIoControl (hCom,0xAAAA5679L, comdevcmd, sizeof(comdevcmd),0,0,0,0))

{

return -9;

}

bufpos = 0;

strcpy(outbuf,"AT+creg=2\r");

if (!WriteFile(hCom, outbuf, 10, &nWritten, NULL))

{

return -10;

}

if (nWritten != 10)

{

return -11;

}

if (!WaitCommEvent(hCom, &event, NULL))

{

return -12;

}

while(1)

{

if (!ReadFile(hCom, buf+bufpos, 256 - bufpos, &nRead, NULL))

{

return -13;

}

if (nRead == 0)

break;

bufpos += nRead;

if (bufpos >= 256)

break;

}

strcpy(outbuf,"AT+creg?\r");

if (!WriteFile(hCom, outbuf, 9, &nWritten, NULL))

{

return -14;

}

if (nWritten != 9)

{

return -15;

}

if (!WaitCommEvent(hCom, &event, NULL))

{

return -16;

}

while(1)

{

if (!ReadFile(hCom, buf+bufpos, 256 - bufpos, &nRead, NULL))

{

return -17;

}

if (nRead == 0)

break;

bufpos += nRead;

if (bufpos >= 256)

break;

}

buf[bufpos] = 0;

mbstowcs(outData,buf,bufpos+1);

if ((xpos = strstr(buf,"CREG")) == NULL)

{

CellId = -19;

}

else

{

memcpy(rsltstr,xpos+18,4);

rsltstr[4] = 0;

if (sscanf(rsltstr,"%X",&CellId) != 1)

{

CellId = -20;

}

}

if (hCom!=NULL)

{

CloseHandle(hCom);

hCom= NULL;

}

return CellId;

}

Guest Ingvarr

I have a QTek 8310 and a home screen plugin won't show the cell info for me. It works perfectly in the config windows, but just not in the homescreen plugin - almost like settings or cell data do not go there somehow, it always shown "--------- (0/0)"

And another small request - please add the correct processing of "Back" key. Its cumbersome to go offscreen by always using "menu"-"quit".

Just add a handling of Back key message and make it call SHNavigateBack();

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest maniac103
Thats for MPx220. I not tested, i'm not good in C++. :

...code...

:shock:

Thanks for that.

I will make a test program out of that. If this works, I will include this into the program.

Where did you get this code (if you don't wanna post it, I'll also take the info via PM ;))?

I have a QTek 8310 and a home screen plugin won't show the cell info for me. It works perfectly in the config windows, but just not in the homescreen plugin - almost like settings or cell data do not go there somehow, it always shown "--------- (0/0)"

Which version are you using? I can't remember showing "---------" at the moment...

And another small request - please add the correct processing of "Back" key. Its cumbersome to go offscreen by always using "menu"-"quit".

Just add a handling of Back key message and make it call SHNavigateBack();

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which window are you referring to? If it has an edit box, this is not possible (as you may know).

Guest Ingvarr
Which version are you using? I can't remember showing "---------" at the moment...

1.87, Ive just downloaded it from your site and installed for first time. I assume its "----" - "----" as it specified in xml skin template thats way, with middle "-".

Which window are you referring to? If it has an edit box, this is not possible (as you may know).

"CPS Configuration" and "Current Cell" at least. They have no edit boxes.

Edited by Ingvarr

Guest maniac103
1.87, Ive just downloaded it from your site and installed for first time. I assume its "----" - "----" as it specified in xml skin template thats way, with middle "-".

Do you have the main executable running (More->Options->Enabled)?

I just had a look at the code: "----" is used if the main executable is disabled.

"CPS Configuration" and "Current Cell" at least. They have no edit boxes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, I'll have a look at that.

I've attached the quick'n'dirty MPX220 test tool here. After executing this program on an MPX220, two message boxes should appear ("Buffer" and "CellID"). I need the contents of these boxes.

Edited by maniac103

Guest Ingvarr
Do you have the main executable running (More->Options->Enabled)?

I just had a look at the code: "----" is used if the main executable is disabled.

I have it "Enabled", and changing it seem not to have any effect.

Wheither its actually running - no idea. Running it "manually" via file manager have absolutely no effect.

I have it "Enabled", and changing it seem not to have any effect.

Wheither its actually running - no idea. Running it "manually" via file manager have absolutely no effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a very good applications. But i'm wondering, how do I disable the debugging ? It keeps on creating text files.

Thanks!!

This is a very good applications. But i'm wondering, how do I disable the debugging ? It keeps on creating text files.

Thanks!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope can someone clarify how to disable the debugging. The CPS application keeps onw riting to my temp folder.

Guest maniac103
Hope can someone clarify how to disable the debugging. The CPS application keeps onw riting to my temp folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you use the latest cab file from my site? If yes, I'll have to reupload it without debug information :?:

Did you use the latest cab file from my site? If yes, I'll have to reupload it without debug information  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. Thanks!! I did. Its version 2.87. I will greatly appreciate if you could re-upload the cab. THanks!!

Thanks!!