CellProfileSwitcher

Guest maniac103

Guest removed-2
Did you go to Menu->Options and set your phone type again? As I said, you have to reenter your settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I hadn't done that but its working now Thanks...

Mark

I've installed v1.9 today - after master reset .. and it's not working on my mpx220 - all parameters are zeros. Phone type is set correctly.

Any ideas, please?

Guest maniac103
I've installed v1.9 today - after master reset .. and it's not working on my mpx220 - all parameters are zeros. Phone type is set correctly.

Any ideas, please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are all parameters zero? Most of it should be zero, but LAC and CellID should contain a value.

Can you please try this test tool?

EDIT: And perhaps it is ROM version dependant.

To all the MPX220 owners who (try to) use the program: Please list if it works on your phone or not together with your ROM version. Thanks!

Edited by maniac103

Are all parameters zero? Most of it should be zero, but LAC and CellID should contain a value.

Can you please try this test tool?

EDIT: And perhaps it is ROM version dependant.

To all the MPX220 owners who (try to) use the program: Please list if it works on your phone or not together with your ROM version. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, really all are zero. :cry: Rom v 1.49.

CPS_MPX220_Test.txt

I've uploaded a new version 1.91. Please try if it helps you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, man, it WOOOOOOOOORKS! Great job! Now, when it seems that you can fix anything I start to believe that "near cells" on MPX220 are just matter of time! :)

Thanx!

Guest maniac103

Is somebody here using CPS with a 2-digit network identifier (MNC)?

If yes, can you please test the attached version of CPSConfig?

Simply copy it into a folder on your phone, start it and select "Current cell". A message box should pop up which says "MNC chars" and then 4 hex values. I need those values.

Thanks!

Maybe I am stupid, I have installed version 1.91 and am unable to operate the program.

I can see the cells but I am unable to edit the "Unassigned" and there is nothing in the quick list. I have installed keylock version 3.4 and that works ok. My phone is a SPV C600 running windows version 5 OS 5.1.70. Is there a step by step guide to using this program, or maybe as I said at the start I am stupid. Please help as this looks like a great program to have. Many Thanks in advance.

Guest maniac103
Maybe I am stupid, I have installed version 1.91 and am unable to operate the program.

I can see the cells but I am unable to edit the "Unassigned" and there is nothing in the quick list.

From the FAQ :) :

Q How can I create a cell group?

A Select "Known cells" and then select "Menu" - "Add" from the menu.

By selecting the new group and then "Menu" - "Add" you add a cell to this group.

Is there a step by step guide to using this program, or maybe as I said at the start I am stupid.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Due to time reasons there is no step-by-step tutorial. But feel free to write one :D

From the FAQ :) :

Q How can I create a cell group?

A Select "Known cells" and then select "Menu" - "Add" from the menu.

By selecting the new group and then "Menu" - "Add" you add a cell to this group.

Due to time reasons there is no step-by-step tutorial. But feel free to write one :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have got that far but I am unable to edit or add to the cell group, the only group is "Unassigned". Also in keylock screensaver it says "CPS: Not running"

I have got that far but I am unable to edit or add to the cell group, the only group is "Unassigned". Also in keylock screensaver it says "CPS: Not running"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still playing with the program and have worked it out, many thaks for the help

Hey Maniac,

I've tested your programs and they work flawlessly here! (Qtek 8310)

I was looking for a replacement of TinyGPS (which is has basically the same functionality as CPS) since WM5.

I've a feature request:

Would it be possible to turn a device lock ON when entering a cell. This would be great for me to keep all those nosy people at certain places out of my phone :)

Thanx,

C.

Guest Ingvarr
Would it be possible to turn a device lock ON when entering a cell. This would be great for me to keep all those nosy people at certain places out of my phone :)

If you use Automatic Keylock also from Maniac, it will enable device lock on your phone by default. Just set Cell Profile switcher to disable lock in certain "safe" places.

Guest maniac103
If you use Automatic Keylock also from Maniac, it will enable device lock on your phone by default. Just set Cell Profile switcher to disable lock in certain "safe" places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm, no. It enables the keylock, but not the device lock. It can enable the device lock, but this can not be unlocked automatically so this is not usable togther with CPS.

Hey Maniac,

I've tested your programs and they work flawlessly here! (Qtek 8310)

I was looking for a replacement of TinyGPS (which is has basically the same functionality as CPS) since WM5.

I've a feature request:

Thanx,

C.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you have xBar? If yes, you can create an xMacro (like discussed here) and run this macro whenever you are at those certain places with the "execute file" option (just put the path to the xmc file there).

Guest Ingvarr

I just mean a scenario when I want to prevent device lock from triggering in certain places.

Isnt this possible with "Notify Automatic Keylock" action?

Guest maniac103
I just mean a scenario when I want to prevent device lock from triggering in certain places.

Isnt this possible with "Notify Automatic Keylock" action?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this is possible. But this is not the scenario Cariba wanted :)

It is only possible to prevent further lock, not to (device) unlock the phone.

Guest maniac103
Hmm, trying it now, it isnt working for me.

It seems that it disabled the automatic lock, and wouldnt enable it when cell change from "secure" group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have checked "Notify Automatic Keylock" and "Disable Keylock" in the secure group options and did not check anything in all the other groups? If yes, I'll have to have a look.

Guest Ingvarr

For "secure cells" groups:

- when entering the cell - notify automatic keylock, disable keylock checked

- when leaving the cell - notify automatic keylock, disable keylock unchecked

In automatic keylock "Device Lock" lock mode, timeout 10 mins

Device lock is on in the Control Panel, timeout is 60 mins.

Btw it seem not to switch profile when the phone is manually keypad-locked - when I took phone out of the holster, it was on the Profile Switch screen, but it didnt actually choose the new intended profile.

Guest maniac103
For "secure cells" groups:

- when entering the cell - notify automatic keylock, disable keylock checked

- when leaving the cell - notify automatic keylock, disable keylock unchecked

In automatic keylock "Device Lock" lock mode, timeout 10 mins

Device lock is on in the Control Panel, timeout is 60 mins.

Try disabling the "Notify Automatic Keylock" checkbox in the "Leave" settings. The behaviour you are trying to achieve is the normal behaviour (I know that "Notify Automatic Keylock" is not exactly what is does, but I could not think of anything better :)

You only need to check "Notify Automatic Keylock" if one of the 3 check boxes below it is checked.

Btw it seem not to switch profile when the phone is manually keypad-locked - when I took phone out of the holster, it was on the Profile Switch screen, but it didnt actually choose the new intended profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The program does not care if the keypad is locked. Does it work sometimes? Else I would assume a language clash (CPS language does not macth phone language).

Guest Ingvarr

Dunno why, but Automatic Keylock dont device lock my phone after 10-mins timeout are passed...

Profile Switch works mostly. Just sometimes (not often) it enters profile screen but dont actually "choose" profile.

Guest maniac103
Dunno why, but Automatic Keylock dont device lock my phone after 10-mins timeout are passed...

Do you have "Device is WiFi enabled" checked in Automatic Keylock?

I just tried the whole thing on my phone and everything works correct :?:

Profile Switch works mostly. Just sometimes (not often) it enters profile screen but dont actually "choose" profile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is your device under great stress at this time? I wait 2 seconds for the profiles window to appear...

Guest Ingvarr
Do you have "Device is WiFi enabled" checked in Automatic Keylock?

Tried it both ways. Device lock doesnt work.

Keypad lock works when I choose it.

Btw I've noticed that it was on "quick list" screen when I've just activated screen after phone lied down long enough (and should've device locked but didnt).

Is your device under great stress at this time? I wait 2 seconds for the profiles window to appear...

Doubt so, since it was just lying in the holster (with manually locked keypad). Maybe joystick was accicently pressed, but keypad were locked anyway...

My locale is English, profile names are standard (I had only "silent" changed to "Night").

Guest maniac103
Tried it both ways. Device lock doesnt work.

Keypad lock works when I choose it.

Btw I've noticed that it was on "quick list" screen when I've just activated screen after phone lied down long enough (and should've device locked but didnt).

Hmm, this looks like a language clash. I'll have a look into that.

EDIT: Hmm, can't reproduce that neither with US nor with UK English. Is the title of your quick list window exactly "Quick List"?

Doubt so, since it was just lying in the holster (with manually locked keypad). Maybe joystick was accicently pressed, but keypad were locked anyway...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, we are getting nearer. I now know what the problem is: The manually locked keypad.

Let me explain what the program does: Before locking the keypad/device, it looks if the keypad is already locked and only continues if the keypad is not locked. The reason for this is that I do not want to send key presses where they are not appropriate.

The keypad and the device lock essentially are dialogs (class name "Dialog", no title) which are off-screen. To detect the locked keypad, I search for a dialog with the special coordinates these windows have. Unfortunately, these coordinates are the same for the keypad lock and the device lock, so I have no way to distinguish between these two. When the program tries to enable the device lock, it finds the keypad lock window, thinks the device is already locked and thus does not continue.

But there is one problem: I do not know how to solve this problem at the moment. I will think about that, but has anyone some suggestions?

Edited by maniac103

Guest Ingvarr

Actually all I want is altering of registry value of device lock timeout in certain cells.

So that phone will not device-lock (on built-in timeout) in safe places, or lock after very long time.

That should be fairly easy and less glitch-prone, and no need of using Auto Keylock - since device lock on timeout is a built-in feature.

Edited by Ingvarr