C550 - camera quality?

Guest clonmult

Guest clonmult

I've seen a few reviews of the C550, and whilst they comment about the camera, it doesn't really get that much of a mention.

Is it really only a little better than the C500? If so its a shame, but then again, this is a ridiculously cheap phone for the overall spec.

It's good. 1280x1024, good pics in the right light. Doesn't handle direct sunlight very well, doesn't handle nightlight very well. But it's a mobile phone at the end of the day - for 'spur-of-the-moment' snaps it's more than adequate, for a picture of a car or bike you've spotted it's good enough. Pics of your neice or whatever - the first few steps and all that... but if you really wanted decent quality shots, you'd be using a digital camera.

--Rich

Camera is crap.

Try to take a picture and it takes a second or more for it to actuqally take it if you see what I mean. The moment has passed by the time the phone gets itself round to taking the picture. The quality is awful. Blurred pictures are the norm and that is outside as well.

Overall a lot worse than the C500 and don't get me started about how slow it is!