Broken MPx220?

Guest ruffryder

Guest ruffryder

Not happy :o

I have just come back from the states, while over there i bought a charger for my phone (MPx220). It was an iGo charger with a specific adapter for my phone. I didn't have my charger and could not find an official Motorola shop/charger.

Anyway, I charged my phone fully using the iGo charger and adapter, everything worked fine, until the battery run out. I plugged it back into the iGo charger and nothing happened!! The phone would not charge at all??!! :cry: for three days same story. When i arrived back in the UK i plugged the phone into my wall charger expecting it to light up and charge!! But nothing!! I then tried the usb lead, again nothing!! I dont know what has happened but presume it has something to do with the charger i bought in the states. Could i be right? The phone will not charge at all.

Does anyone know what i could do to fix this??

I am now stuck with a crappy K750i and do not want to bury my Mpx just yet.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Guest Paraklas
North America has half voltage plugs don't they? Compared to the UK I mean...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they work on 110v AC but I was talking about the output voltage which should be 5.9Volt no matter the input. My charger is US type but i use it here in London (used it anyway :twisted: )

Yeah they work on 110v AC but I was talking about the output voltage which should be 5.9Volt no matter the input. My charger is US type but i use it here in London (used it anyway  :twisted: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch! So 6 to 10 volts could well have fried the battery.

Well, I spose a new battery would be easier to deal with then something having gone in the 'phone itself.

Guest fluffcat1
Not happy  :o

I have just come back from the states, while over there i bought a charger for my phone (MPx220). It was an iGo charger with a specific adapter for my phone. I didn't have my charger and could not find an official Motorola shop/charger.

Anyway, I charged my phone fully using the iGo charger and adapter, everything worked fine, until the battery run out. I plugged it back into the iGo charger and nothing happened!! The phone would not charge at all??!!   :cry:  for three days same story. When i arrived back in the UK i plugged the phone into my wall charger expecting it to light up and charge!! But nothing!! I then tried the usb lead, again nothing!! I dont know what has happened but presume it has something to do with the charger i bought in the states. Could i be right? The phone will not charge at all.

Does anyone know what i could do to fix this??

I am now stuck with a crappy K750i and do not want to bury my Mpx just yet.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

iGo in this country are part of Kensington / Acco group - I use a kensington branded iGo juice car charger for my laptop and a secondary tip cable to my mpx220 and it's all fine, you can get add-on tips for anything. Maplins were clearing the tip cables out for 99p recently so I bouught one of each just in case :-)

The juice comes with loads of connectors - I can plug it into just about all laptops, phones and PDA's - the voltage regulation is done in the tip itself. I can also remove the car adaptop and plug it into the mains. About £50 I think but dixons were clearing them out for £4.99 a while back.

Is the phone still under warranty? Don't mention the iGo charger if it is....

If not, try a new battery - they're on ebay for about £5 plus postage from hong kong.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest kingraf01

This may sound dumb, and you probably already tried it, but just in case...

Have you taken out the battery for a while, then put it back in, then trying to turn it on or charge it?

After messing with my MPX220 several times, same thing has happened to me where I thought I bricked it, but doing that actually worked.

If not then maybe a hard reset? I had to try that once. Just once. Luckilly it worked as well.

Guest ruffryder

Thanks for you replies, i didnt know iGo was available over here??(UK)

Anyway, i have just ordered a battery and a separate charger for the battery as someone said i may have messed up the charging mechanism on the phone?? So when these arrive i will let you know the result. The phone should still be under warranty i guess, i bought the handset from G3i uk ltd about 6 months ago. If the new battery/charger doesnt work then i will have to contact them.

Thanks again for your quick replies.

Guest ruffryder

Ok so i have recieved my new housing for my MPx plus a desktop battery charger. I am still waiting on the battery.

Now i need a 'how to ' on stripping the Mpx.

I have looked around modaco and maybe i'm being blind (or lazy) but i cant find anything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

thanks again

Guest ruffryder

ALL SORTED!!!

Stripped and working again in just over an hour. It seems the charging module bit at the bottom of the phone no longer works. I'll order that part in the near future. Lucky i have bluetooth on my comp at home for syncing!

PHEW

No more crappy K750i.

Thanks again for all your help guys. :o

Edited by ruffryder