ScreenGuard from PocketMax

Guest bretto

PocketMax has just released a new application designed to lock both the hardware buttons and the touchscreen of your PPC.

While most PPC locking applications use an image to disable the touchscreen ScreenGuard does not. It actually locks the screen leaving all your important information in full view.

This is an application that should have been released with the PPC on day one.

post-40928-1127801593_thumb.jpgscreenGuard, your intelligent device protector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Supports Pocket PC 2002, Windows Mobile 2003 & WM 2003 SE

Do you want to carry your Pocket PC in your pocket?

Then you need screenGuard, your intelligent device protector! It disables the touch-screen & hardware buttons allowing you to still see information and answer calls without accidentaly activating programs when device is in your pocket.

15 day free trial (full featured) version available.

screenGuard Key Features

Disable Touch screen & Hardware buttons

User defined keys to unlock

Still see Today Screen or incoming caller info

Optionally blank screen to save power

Optionally stop device sleeping when downloading or listening to music

Answer calls while locked (needs phoneAlarm)

Integrates with phoneAlarm for intelligently controlling Green Talk button

Full install/uninstall support.

Small footprint - just 40 KB

Do yourself a favour and grab the trial software or better still buy it and wonder how you ever managed without it.

Guest Pabs(Sco)

Any chance of getting a bundle made with phoneAlarm and screeGuard?

i.e. discount :(

Anyway I just bought my MDA Compact, so it should arrive sometime nextweek (but hoping on Saturday :o)

These two apps I will be buying !!!!!

Thanks!

Sounds like it works almost exactly like DeltaLock (which is free)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although it does what it is designed to do, unfortunately deltalock doesnt let you see the screen and is not as userfriendly to unlock.

I found that you have to press some action key like the red hangup key then your unlock keys before it will unlock. Also you have to hold the keys down in order.

With screenGuard you simply associate your keys and lock the device. Everything is available to view on screen just no accidental activations. To unlock press the 1st key, then the 2nd key within 2 seconds and your device is unlocked and ready to go.

At the moment the only hassle is that some apps like tcmp will not run correctly when sG is locked but PocketMax are working to change this.

Its only a few bucks but maybe Paul could ask if they will do some special deal for Modaco members??

Guest pocketMax
Its only a few bucks but maybe Paul could ask if they will do some special deal for Modaco members??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Am certainly willing to offer a package deal on both products!!

Wait till Saturday - then will have an extra "buy" link on the website on the screenGuard page with screenGuard 50% discounted when puchased together with phoneAlarm!

cheers

Bruce

Guest bretto
Hi,

Am certainly willing to offer a package deal on both products!!

Wait till Saturday - then will have an extra "buy" link on the website on the screenGuard page with screenGuard 50% discounted when puchased together with phoneAlarm!

cheers

Bruce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great to hear Bruce. Very generous of you :o

For users who want total control over their calls, costs, messages, profiles, notifications and alerts phoneAlarm is first rate. Got all the bells, whistles, dohickys and gadgets to keep everyone satisfied.

I cant see anyone being unhappy with either of the products and the support at PocketMax is excellent :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.