Another Mpx220 gives up...

Guest Paraklas

Guest Paraklas

My Mpx220 stoped charging from wall charger a few days ago. Thought it was the charger but it's not cause I bought a new one and still doesn't charge. Charging through USB cable though works fine.

What I did:

1. Cleaned the contacts

2. Changed charger

3. Changed battery

4. Hard reset

5. Firmware upgrade

6. Hard reset again

Still nothing happens when I plug the charger. I found on motorola's website the support center for London which is Carphone Warehouse. I took the phone today for an inspection and perhaps a quick fix and here's the answer I got:

"Unfortunately this is the first time we see such a phone. We don't even have a charger for it to test it so it will require to send it to motorola's main repair center. That would approximately take 14-20 days. It seems that there is a hardware fault with it "

This phone was bought from ebay 6 months ago but I don't know if it's still under warranty, is there a way to check it online? Like HTC-Europe or something?

I said "ok, I'll think about it" and I came here hoping to get a better answer.

Any helpful ideas?

Guest ruffryder

Carphone warehouse are a waste of time!!

I found out after doing some tests on my phone that the charging module where you plug the charger into stopped working. It doesnt even work with the USB lead. I bought a desktop battery charger online for about $7 and they delivered it to my house within three days straight from Hong Kong! Its a pain in the arse having to take the battery out each time to charge it but its definately worth it. I gonna buy myself maybe three extra batteries (about £10 each or less on ebay) and keep them all topped up. When i get a chance i'll buy the charging module online and repair my phone myself.

You can use the USB lead still right? I wish i bloody could!

heres the link for the desktop charger -

http://cnn.cn/shop/motorola-mpx220-desktop...rger-p-338.html

Edited by ruffryder

• 2 months later...

My MPX220 stopped recognizing that it was attached to a charger a few days ago while I was traveling. Once I returned home I was able to try another charger. When that didn't work I syncronized with my PC then did a hard reset to see if that would clear it. No such luck. My carrier (Cingular) is sending me a new phone. This will be number 3 in less then a year. So far I am covered by warrenty. Once my year is up I will switch to another model phone when this one goes bad again.

At least this one lasted 6 months. Not a bad phone and I like the smartphone design. It just doesn't stand up very well. But the QUAD Band phone with Cingular coverage has been great.