C600 Update and Questions

Guest jasonjo

Guest jasonjo

Hi,

I hear the C600 should be out in October, but anyone got any likely dates?

From experience of C500/C550, will it be likely that Orange offer the phone on PAYG from the off?

How likely is it that the C500/C550 unlock tools will work on the C600?

I am torn between getting the C550 now which can be had on PAYG and is unlockable vs. waiting for the C600 which may be contract only and hard to unlock. I plan to use the phone for work so WM2k5 and unlock to O2 are pretty high on my list of needs.

Thanks for any info :o

Cheers

JJ

Edited by jasonjo

well scheduled release date is oct but that may change

the unlock tool is unknown to work with it or not since its not released!

it will be on contract only.. initially

wait for C600.. dont get C550 - really no point, just a minor upgrade from C500 in a sense but not the same feel/quality as C500

Guest PPCPassion
Hi,

I hear the C600 should be out in October, but anyone got any likely dates?

From experience of C500/C550, will it be likely that Orange offer the phone on PAYG from the off?

How likely is it that the C500/C550 unlock tools will work on the C600?

I am torn between getting the C550 now which can be had on PAYG and is unlockable vs. waiting for the C600 which may be contract only and hard to unlock. I plan to use the phone for work so WM2k5 and unlock to O2 are pretty high on my list of needs.

Thanks for any info :o

Cheers

JJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like Tech said, wait for C600. Although I went ahead and bought C550. I beg to differ from tech that it's minor upgrade from C500. Main reason I got rid off my C500 and bought C550-Splendid QVGA screen and more memory to run programs. I personally think C550 feels more "solid" in hands than C500 but that is subjective. Beside this, no diff between C500 and C550. Another reason I bought C550 as it's still running good old WM 2003 SE OS. Granted some of the apps don't run in full screen but more and more are coming up the upgrades for QVGA screen. So the good part is: there are good apps out there, Bad part: Probably further development on these apps will be geared towards WM5. Knowing MS, I would rather wait at least 6 months to fix the bugs and kinks in the OS. By then we will also know how many apps are available for WM5. Just my 2 cents.