Good old Tomtom

Guest davejerome

Guest davejerome

Hey people.

I have TomTom Mobile 4 in its original SD format which when i copied to a 512mb minisd worked fine on the C500.

However my C500 was stolen and so in order to fully try it again i will need to buy another memory card.

So before i go and do this does anybody know if

a)TomTom 4 works using the same reg tweaks as people are doing for V5 (which every single person on this forum seems to have).

b)Using the tomtom guide on this forum i changed those reg keys and ended up with huge writing on the start bar and menu (1,2,3,More...) . Is it possible to get the normal font size back once i have dropped the resolution (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,More...) (if that makes sense)

Thanks

Guest davejerome

nearly 50 people have looked at this post and not one person has posted. Now assuming most of these have TTM and call me sinical but is not a bit suspect that nobody has a copy that isn't brand new and "Peer 2 Peer'able"!

Or maybe i am just impatient for my answer!

Edited by davejerome

Guest awarner [MVP]
a)TomTom 4 works using the same reg tweaks as people are doing for V5

Are you refering to the C500 or are you intending to get a C550?

as the only reg tweaks I am aware of are for the C550 regarding the resolution.

Presumably you now have the C550 as you have answered this question in the post below.

b)Using the tomtom guide on this forum i changed those reg keys and ended up with huge writing on the start bar and menu (1,2,3,More...) . Is it possible to get the normal font size back once i have dropped the resolution (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,More...) (if that makes sense)

Once you do the reg tweak for the resolution you will have to revert it back every time if you want to return the phone back to normal.

That is the whole point of the hack, it's a fix quick short term solution.

Guest davejerome
,Oct 4 2005, 11:44]Are you refering to the C500 or are you intending to get a C550?

as the only reg tweaks I am aware of are for the C550 regarding the resolution.

Presumably you now have the C550 as you have answered this question in the post below.

Once you do the reg tweak for the resolution you will have to revert it back every time if you want to return the phone back to normal.

That is the whole point of the hack, it's a fix quick short term solution.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Basically what i was getting at was in the Reg can you edit the font size? and if so make it atleast as good (usable) as the old VGA.

and has anybody tried it with TTM4?

and did the bluetooth work geniune or 3rd party.

Edited by davejerome