C550: Strange SMS problem

Guest Chaser81

Guest Chaser81

Just received my new C550 and so far very happy but I seem to have a strange SMS problem with the inbox in that it doesnt always seem to put the newest SMS received at the top of the list of messages. If I am having a text conversation with someone for example they will text me and I will text back. Two minutes later they will text back again but although this message is newer than the old one it will be displayed in the inbox BELOW the older one.

I have checked that the messages are being sorted properly in the Options so I know that isnt the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Weird thing is I seem to have a vague recollection of a similar problem on my C500 but I cant remember how I sorted that....

Guest hotphil

I have this when my mother texts me from Australia. Check the time of each message. Mine do appear to be sorted in time order, but it's the local time the message was sent that is displayed/sorted by.

Guest Pondrew
I have this when my mother texts me from Australia. Check the time of each message. Mine do appear to be sorted in time order, but it's the local time the message was sent that is displayed/sorted by.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And me when I receive texts from a girlfriend in Italy. Ever since the original SPV came out...

Guest nevawlkalone
...A (as in one) girlfriend...how many you got???

Don't forget to share now...

Cheers

Nick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had this issue with my canary (original)spv (what a phone) and when i contacted orange they said it had something to do with the conflicting time zones from the two different contries.

On that fone however i managed to sort it be arranging it by one criteria, e.g name, then back to by date and that solved the problem, not sure if it will work with th c550 though as i have not had the problem.

Cheers

M