TomTom with 3rd party GPS

Guest davejerome

Guest davejerome

I have a C550 handset which i have managed to get TomTom running on however i have it cannot get it to pair with my Parrot CK3300 GPS/Handsfree kit?

Has anybody got it working with a 3rd party unit or the original.

I dusted off my TomTom unit but that was not pairing either.

So if anybody would know why i would be most greatful.

Thanks

Sorry I can get it to pair with the phone but TomTom can't connect to it. Randomly I tried installing mapopilos, running that to connect the GPS, minimiseing it then opening TomTom on the Theory the GPS would be found as it is already connected... ...but no!

Edited by davejerome

Guest davejerome

Ok so i went to the Parrot web site thinking surely this must have happened to many smart phone users. However like most companies Parrot seem to have disowned the C550 (what a suprise!).

They did however have this power point presentation on how to make it work with a QTEK 8100.

http://www.driveblue.com/download/CK3300_H...%20-%204.11.pps

So I thought surely if i followed this by troubles may be solved!.....

...However the "Bluetooth Serial Port Setup" menu seems to have disappeared on the C550. Is it now the "com port" menu on the bluetooth menu in settings?

Somebody please let me know!!!

Phoning 1501 to find my nearest mcdonalds is killing me whilst i have no tomtom to find them for me!

Guest davejerome

Hey People,

If you browse past this post and you have a C550 with either a TomTom GPS or Parrot CK3300 and have managed to get it working can you please let me know how.

So far i have....

1)Decert my C550

2)Set the X + Y to 138 X 138

3)Copied the SD card on to a minisd

4)Created the default map directory

I know that there is suppost to be some kind of Com setting for the parrot (incoming 7 or outgoing 7 but not sure what)

The TomTom GPS unit doesn't work either but both worked a treat on my old C500.

I tested my collegues TomTom 5 which doesn't work either. However both GPS units defenity work (tested with his C500).

Am I missing something, neither the Parrot or TomTom support seem to reply. And when they do its always a case of "we don't officially support the C550".

Guest awarner [MVP]

I have TomTom GPS working fine with the C550 without messing about with com settings. If you have paired the TomTom GPS unit remove it and let TomTom find it by itself.

Guest davejerome

Ok seems to work. Is a little slow every now and then (amost like it has crashed.... ....but it hasn't). Now the scary step, the parrot ck3300! Once again if anybody has managed to get it working with a parrot i would be greatful.

I know there is a post on this forum about making work with an MPX 220 but i assume the C550 is a whole different barrel of fish!

• 4 weeks later...