Imate SP5 In stock anywhere in UK?

Guest greyt

Mobilefun website last night said they were in stock. Ordered and then get an email saying they are out of stock.

Cancel order and order with Expansys who's website says they had 15 in stock. Get an email confirming order and they are in stock. Now look online and the order status is out of stock with a 7 day lead time.

Not impressed!!!!

Guest gilesjuk

This place added the QTek 8310 to their website today. No mention of stocks but their SP5 page says "pre-order" and this page doesn't, so who knows. I'd order one there myself but I've already cancelled one order, can't keep doing it lol, plus their website has no mail address, I never like that.

http://www.discountgpsdirect.co.uk/qtek-83...wifi-p-453.html

Guest roma0803
This place added the QTek 8310 to their website today. No mention of stocks but their SP5 page says "pre-order" and this page doesn't, so who knows. I'd order one there myself but I've already cancelled one order, can't keep doing it lol, plus their website has no mail address, I never like that.

http://www.discountgpsdirect.co.uk/qtek-83...wifi-p-453.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this one: [email protected]

:o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BadAssB

I placed my order from Discount GPS Direct.co.uk for an Imate SP5 as my mate had already bought one from there. I have been waiting for a little while but I have been assured that they are coming into stock on Fri 28 Oct and mine will be sent via Special Delivery so that I have a chance of getting it on Saturday. The guy did say that I was lucky to be on the pre-order list as most of the stock has already been sold.

Cant wait.

Guest spacerace
I placed my order from Discount GPS Direct.co.uk for an Imate SP5 as my mate had already bought one from there. I have been waiting for a little while but I have been assured that they are coming into stock on Fri 28 Oct and mine will be sent via Special Delivery so that I have a chance of getting it on Saturday. The guy did say that I was lucky to be on the pre-order list as most of the stock has already been sold.

Cant wait.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any news today then ?

Guest GuyAdams

Got mine Saturday too, think its fantastic. Only have WiFi in smartphone for 2 and a bit days and already trying to think how I ever lived without it.

Regards

Guy_Adams

Got mine Saturday too, think its fantastic. Only have WiFi in smartphone for 2 and a bit days and already trying to think how I ever lived without it.

Regards

Guy_Adams

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you doing with it?

Mobilefun have both the SP5 and SP5M in stock.

Ordered mine over the phone earlier and they said they had just come in as I was speaking to them.

Also tried ordering one earlier in the week from phones2udirect they were showing them in stock (and still are) but were lying. Not a company I would trust.

Cheers ;)

Guest shadamehr

phones2udirect now have them in, as what seems to have happened is that ALL the dealers got their supply today.

I got an Email to say mine is arriving tomorrow.

Though given all the lies and hassle, I wish I had of stumbled onto MobileFun first maybe...

Typical.

Guest GuyAdams
What are you doing with it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Using it to recieve my emails is the first massive bonus, I'm an I.T manager for a large estate agents, I look after 7 locations with a total of 85 employees.

The ability to get my emails at each location without having to hassle of booting my laptop and without the hassle of having to kick a user of their PC is for me fantastic. Especially as our helpdesk system works via email.

The internet use is ok, if i need to check something online then it is good enough to do so.

I only awaiting a remote desktop connection type application or utility that will allow me to connect to my servers or desktop. (all you software developers, i await your contributions!)

Regards

Guy_Adams

Mine should be at home when I get backĀ  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My SP5 is waiting at the post office for me!

phones2udirect have actually been pretty good over the last week or so. I complained to them about their web page showing the SP5 in stock and how I was misled into placing an order after speaking to customer services who also told me they were in stock. They apologised and and gave me daily updates of when they expected stock and when it would ship to me. A shaky start has come good. I can't wait to leave work and get down to the PO

Guest spacerace

I'm about to get an SP5m, am I the only one ?! I'm right that there's no difference other than the physical layout/visual difference ? I will need the Exchange SP2 enhancement pack when it comes for WM5 so want to make sure the music version will take this aswell ?

I was emailed twice yesterday from MobilFun.

The first said that my order was out of stock and they will let me know when it is back in stock.

And the second saying its on its way !!!!

AND IT ARRIVED THIS MORNING. WOO HOO.

Guest gilesjuk

Well I've got mine ;)

First impressions, doesn't seem as quick as the Sp3, scrolling is a bit slow, anti virus probably doesn't help. I might try and deactivate it somehow.

Not conviced that the build quality is vastly superior to the Sp3. Keys are better than Sp3, buttons on the side could do with being easier to press, the back of the phone looks rubbish, almost like the designer left before finishing it. The 1.3 megapixels text look amaterish, hopefully it will wear off. They really should have made the curve symmetrical like on the Sony Ericsson T630.

Joystick is ok, prefer it to the rocker as left and right movements are used a lot in texting and I like a stick when doing that.

Some nice touches, the connection manager for activating and deactivating radio types was sorely needed and is welcome.

Screen is great, thought mine had scratches at the top but it appears to be some residue from manufacture which will rub off with a cloth.

Will see how it goes, the Sp3 seemed the right balance of features and speed, Sp5 adds more features but it should have been smoother than the slightly clunky Sp3, but it appears slightly worse.