Network connection with C550

Guest charmer

Guest charmer

This might be a daft question, but is it possible to connect to my wireless network with my C550? When the phone is connected to the computer via USB, you can browse the internet using this connection but I haven't been able to find out anything about connecting wirelessly. It'd be cool if it was possible - save on GPRS downloads! Anyone tried or managed this?

Guest pd.ryder

I believe this is possible via a Bluetooth ActiveSync connetion but I don't have a dongle myself.

It won't use WiFi and because the miniSD is internal, we can't use a WiFi SDIO either because the protruding antenna has nowhere to protrude to :o

Guest hotphil

i do this with mine - got a ten pound bluetooth dongle from mobymemory.com and use it view web pages when in the bathroom having my morning deposit.

Guest sharkfinger

Hotphil

That sounds like a good plan, can you run through how you set up the connection via BT as i have a dongle on my laptop which is on my wireless lan. and would save me getting a hot lap from my notebook in the morning :o)

Cheers

sharkfinger

Guest hotphil

Try this:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=119341 - note that it's for a C500 so I think there's a couple of small differences. Don't be tempted to skip the reboots. If your dongle came with any software suite (like mine did), I'd suggest you uninstall all of it and just get the dongle set up with the basic Windows drivers before going through the guide.

And remember to activate the Pass Thru option in ActiveSync once you get it connected.

I've only had to do it the once so I'm not an expert, but shout up if you have a problem.