K-jam build quality

Guest J273

Had my k-jam a few days now and ive noticed from when i got it the first day that when the device is completely closed and i press the left hand side of the phone there is a slight play where the top half of the phone touches the bottom half ,but its only on the left hand side.

Does anyone elses do this or not?

Im thinking of send ing it back for a replacement as i would of thought a £500 device should be sterdy.The only problem being expansys where i got it from are outr of stock :x :o

Im not sure if there meant to be like this or not just dont seem rite to me.

Could someone just check theres for me?

Thanks

No build quality issues here. The only (!) problems I'm experiencing are:

- The machine rebooting every few minutes if I have a mini SD card in (using a 256mb "myFlash" card)

- All the keys locking up sometimes which causes me not to be able to answer the phone (that's without the memory card in).

Guest Pondrew

- The machine rebooting every few minutes if I have a mini SD card in (using a 256mb "myFlash" card)

- All the keys locking up sometimes which causes me not to be able to answer the phone (that's without the memory card in).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those sound pretty debilitating problems! :shock:

Anyone else had these symptoms on an HTC Wizard?

Guest puckster
Had my k-jam a few days now and ive noticed from when i got it the first day that when the device is completely closed and i press the left hand side of the phone there is a slight play where the top half of the phone touches the bottom half ,but its only on the left hand side.

Does anyone elses do this or not?

Im thinking of send ing it back for a replacement as i would of thought a £500 device should be sterdy.The only problem being expansys where i got it from are outr of stock :x  :(

Im not sure if there meant to be like this or not just dont seem rite to me.

Could someone just check theres for me?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got my K-JAM yesterday and it shows no signs of any movement, its nice and solid. I must say that overall i'm pretty impressed with this device, its a major step up from my last 2 phones (i-mate SP2 & SP3i). :o

Regards,

Chris

Guest thereaperman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had this happen to me once, I did a hardrest and it fixed it, i think its down to a bit of software you may have installed.

I had this happen to me once, I did a hardrest and it fixed it, i think its down to a bit of software you may have installed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely no extra software installed on it. Been like it since I got it :o Worth taking back do you reckon?

• 4 weeks later...

well got my replacement through and the build quality of this is alot better than the first 1 i had.........1 thing i do notice though is that when the keyboard is shut and the device is closed there is a slight play where the 2 halves move very slightly before it unlatches and opens.....if you get what i mean

Guest MitchellO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have one labelled myflash too (I assume yours is also by A-Data) and mines fine. I have a 512Mb one.

As for my build quality, I am very happy with it. You can read all about my impressions soon on the gadgeteer, where I have submitted a review.

Guest Phil Lee

I got my Vario this monring and am also very happy with the build quality. There is a fractional amount of play between the two halves of the phone but that is bound to happen with a phone of this design.