Ringo Mobile for Pocket PC Phones

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Announcing new Pocket PC Phone software Ringo Mobile for Pocket PC Phones, now available for free download. (NOTE: Ringo Mobile is in BETA. Please be aware that it may not perform as expected, so, as pointed out on the electricpocket.com website, use is at your own risk)

This beta version will expire on 05/11/05.

Ringo Mobile for Pocket PC Phones

Get the best Windows Mobile Ringtones - bring your Windows Mobile for Pocket PC phone alive with amazing MP3 ringtones - and set personal tones for friends and groups...

Ringo Mobile offers:

Add amazing MP3 & WMA ringtones to your Pocket PC Phone

Set personal ringtones for your friends

Set personal SMS alert tones for friends

Set different ringtones for address book groups

Set different SMS alerts for address book groups

post-2910-1128703838_thumb.jpg post-2910-1128703866_thumb.jpg

Requirements

Ringo Mobile requires Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0

Phone Edition is required for ringtones. MP3 ringtones requires Windows Media Player 10

See electricpocket.com for more details and to download the software.

Guest carphead

Having made the switch from C500 to K-Jam I really missed this function.

Admittedly it had to be added by 3rd party software to the C500. But it was so good that I didn't even think about it with the K-Jam.

This looks like the perfect replacement for me :o

Guest thereaperman

am i missing something here??

but on the k-jam, jam etc you can just copy a .mp3 or .wma file into the \\windows\rings folder and they will work as a ringtone? also on the k-jam if you copy the same files etc to the stroage card root folder they work also, well it does on mine

Guest chucky.egg

Isn't this app just about having a local piece of software to buy ringtones? Like Handango Pocket, it's just a simple shop interface.

Or have I got it wrong?

Guest daedos59

Works a bit like MortRing, but simpler. I have two problems with Ringo

1. It didn't pick up the ringtones already set in the registry (via phoneAlarm) and wiped them out. It is really hard to hear a phone call when it makes default beep noises instead.

2. It only picks up files in the root or first directory level of My Documents & Storage Card. Needs correcting ASAP

A simple free app like this is great because as standard on my M500 I can't set an MP3 as a SMS tone.

Edited by daedos59

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.