I-mate sp5m

Guest gazhowell

Guest gazhowell

I'm new to all this smartphone molarky, but I've recently ordered an i-mate SP5m and I was wondering whether it is the same phone as the C550 as that's the only phone that seems to get mentioned wherever I look.

I'm new to all this smartphone molarky, but I've recently ordered an i-mate SP5m and I was wondering whether it is the same phone as the C550 as that's the only phone that seems to get mentioned wherever I look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it's definatly not the same phone. Waaaayyyyy better than the C550 (I hope, mine is on order to replace my C550)

WiFi

WM5 (Latest windows mobile operating system)

to name just a couple of differences (but important ones)

enjoy it when it arrives!!

Guest gazhowell
No it's definatly not the same phone.  Waaaayyyyy better than the C550 (I hope, mine is on order to replace my C550)

WiFi

WM5 (Latest windows mobile operating system)

to name just a couple of differences (but important ones)

enjoy it when it arrives!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah right cool. Looks like I'm going to enjoy it then.

It's got a QVGA resolution - does that mean it'll have all the same problems as the C550 with regards to apps not working properly?

Guest gilesjuk
Ah right cool. Looks like I'm going to enjoy it then.

It's got a QVGA resolution - does that mean it'll have all the same problems as the C550 with regards to apps not working properly?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably more problems since it has Windows Mobile 5 too. Unless there's some new features that handle compatibility.

Anyway, if developers used the OS calls to get the screen size instead of assuming then most apps would work full screen no matter what the device.