How To De-cert Nextel I930?

Guest kolyan2k

Guest awarner [MVP]

Nothing at the moment, has anyone tried the Orange applicaion unlocking service, you need to use passthrough but if it fails it may be worth sending them an email and they may be able to create an unlock app for your imei.

Also the previous means of unofficially app unlocking phones have been done in Europe, unless the phone comes over here (which will be unlikely) there may be a long wait.

Guest ctitanic

Guys, I'm testing a tool to Application unlock this phones from Nextel and I need somebody to test it.

If anybody wants to test it please tell me about it.

Guys, I'm testing a tool to Application unlock this phones from Nextel and I need somebody to test it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ill give it a shot

Guest r0bm2000

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi yes I own a Nextel i930 and Im willing to try out any testing apps you have to get this phone Application unlocked. So please feel free to email me with more info on how I can Use my phone to test your app, my email address is [email protected] and I wish you the best of luck.

Guest r0bm2000
Sorry guys the application did not work in the i930s. I still looking for a work around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I hope you are able to find a workaround, It seems your program is great and would like to run it on my phone.

Guest ctitanic
Well I hope you are able to find a workaround, It seems your program is great and would like to run it on my phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind that Orange's users put so much presure on them that their created a special site to application unlock their phone. Nextel users should start doing the same.

To me to not allow phone owners to install freely what they want violates the owners rights.

Guest r0bm2000
Keep in mind that Orange's users put so much presure on them that their created a special site to application unlock their phone. Nextel users should start doing the same.

To me to not allow phone owners to install freely what they want violates the owners rights.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No disrespect to you man, but this is nextel we are talking about well now Sprint Nextel and I personally doubt nextel will EVER open this phone up to be able to install apps infact reports are coming that even some of they own apps do not work and that's a shame, I figure this will have to be a Underground type of deal, But like I said before if you got anything you need tested out im here among other nextel i930 users.

Guest ctitanic
No disrespect to you man, but this is nextel we are talking about well now Sprint Nextel and I personally doubt nextel will EVER open this phone up to be able to install apps infact reports are coming that even some of they own apps do not work and that's a shame, I figure this will have to be a Underground type of deal, But like I said before if you got anything you need tested out im here among other nextel i930 users.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, all companies have a commun language called MONEY. If nextel users start to complain and publish in every website what Nextel does to their Windows Mobile Phones I'm sure that they will open their phone enough to allow you to install programs. There many levels or security configurations possible in your devices and Nextel have chosen the higher restriction level thinking that they will get money from you users and from us developers. Well, I F... Nextel and the same 90% of my fellow developers. And who lose? YOU users that can't install the 90% of the available software out there. We developers are holding our grounds not paying NEXTEL, you users have to do something too ;) Remember, your phone is own by you and IT'S YOUR RIGHT TO INSTALL ON IT WHAT EVER YOU LIKE.

Good Morning to All and What's up Mr_X?

Well there is a Bunch of Nextel/iDen Hacking forums out on the Net f you were to search anything about one of the phones. As I and Mr_X above both Frequent and Staff and alot of them. I also Own and Run one of them. We are in the Middle of trying to concur this slight problem.. We have a Admin at one of our Community sites I would call it , that says he may have it and it should be Rolling out Public here pretty quick..

Now, I am not sure How the Admin of the site deal about Posting other site link's or advertising the Names. So I will not Include them at this time. I will try and UpDate My post as more Information comes up or we or someone actually masters this..

-Twigz

Guest ctitanic
Good Morning to All and What's up Mr_X?

Well there is a Bunch of Nextel/iDen Hacking forums out on the Net f you were to search anything about one of the phones. As I and Mr_X above both Frequent and Staff and alot of them. I also Own and Run one of them. We are in the Middle of trying to concur this slight problem.. We have a Admin at one of our Community sites I would call it , that says he may have it and it should be Rolling out Public here pretty quick..

Now, I am not sure How the Admin of the site deal about Posting other site link's or advertising the Names. So I will not Include them at this time. I will try and UpDate My post as more Information comes up or we or someone actually masters this..

-Twigz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been working on this for the last 3 hours and I'm willing to Share info.

May be that working together we are going to get a faster result.

PM me if you are interested.

Guest r0bm2000

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And like I stated before im willing to be a test subject to any products that will decert this phone.

Guest j2chulo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this is a good idea working together. Sorry im new at this site i being visiting the site for about a week now. and i really love it you guys are awsome and have lot of stuff for smartphone. But like other Nextel i930 im stock with my. i cant install any app. suck and yeah i think like ctitanic said before if we put presion on nextel they will have to open the security on our phone cause its our phone after we buy them. But i will love to see some unlock software come out cause i want to run some application i got from here and other sites. Im also member of couple of other Iden or Nextel forum on the net but they're dont have so much knowlege on smartphone. But they're also trying to find a solution for this problem. So im here to test any app you guys may have. I already tried one called "unlock-all" , "Alphaflux Unlock" and "V2Decerter" non of them work so if you guys find anythign that work let me know :?:

Guest ctitanic

To de-cert or unlock this application all it's needed is a cab file signed by one of the companies certified to install applications in that phone. I have the cab ready. I have been testing different ways and signatures but so far with no luck.

Guest crazyjoezx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow it sure is a small internet ,i too am a Admin at a iden/nextel site..i hope this does get taken care of soon for all those i930 users (and i)but unfortunately as it is in the world of "nextel/iden" who ever finds and fixes the problem will most likely not give it out for free but ask for lots of money for it :evil: ,hopefully not one of those people get thier hands on it,but good luck to you all for trying hope this thing can be a thing of the pass real soon

Guest crazyjoezx

post-154904-1130055476_thumb.jpgpost-154904-1130055485_thumb.jpgpost-154904-1130055493_thumb.jpg

dontknow if this will help at all but heres the certificates that we have now,im guessing we can only add programs that have these certificates added to the programs?

Guest ctitanic
wow it sure is a small internet ,i too am a Admin at a iden/nextel site..i hope this does get taken care of soon for all those i930 users (and i)but unfortunately as it is in the world of "nextel/iden" who ever finds and fixes the problem will most likely not give it out for free but ask for lots of money for it :evil: ,hopefully not one of those people get thier hands on it,but good luck to you all for trying hope this thing can be a thing of the pass real soon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't want any money. if I find a solution that is going to be released as freeware.

Guest ctitanic
post-154904-1130055476_thumb.jpgpost-154904-1130055485_thumb.jpgpost-154904-1130055493_thumb.jpg

dontknow if this will help at all but heres the certificates that we have now,im guessing we can only add programs that have these certificates added to the programs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. But it seems to me that the only certificate with access to the registry keys that need to be changed is the one from Motorola.

Guest ctitanic

Like I said before, I'm willing to share information...

Who ever change these registry keys will unlock the phone

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

00001001 from 2 to 1

00001006 to 1

00001005 to 16

00001017 to 16

Nothing else is needed.

These keys are protected and only an application signed by Motorola or Nextel or any other company with full privileges.

Guest Rumderler
Like I said before, I'm willing to share information...

Who ever change these registry keys will unlock the phone

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies

00001001 from 2 to 1

00001006 to 1

00001005 to 16

00001017 to 16

Nothing else is needed.

These keys are protected and only an application signed by Motorola or Nextel or any other company with full privileges.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got some input.. As far as I can tell i930 can be provising done via SMS or a WAP Push. Maybe we can send the Cab or XML file via a SMS or Wap Push and maybe those to features have the ability to execute the file without it being signed.

In the past when I requested a change on the phone from a vendor they could do it remotely. Wonder how we could use this Feature.

Just a thought.

Harm|

Guest ctitanic
I got some input.. As far as I can tell i930 can be provising done via SMS or a WAP Push.  Maybe we can send the Cab or XML file via a SMS or Wap Push and maybe those to features have the ability to execute the file without it being signed.

In the past when I requested a change on the phone from a vendor they could do it remotely.  Wonder how we could use this Feature.

Just a thought.

Harm|

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is the cab file NOSIGNED.

SecOff.cab