How To Setup Tomtom 5 On K-jam

Guest thereaperman

Guest Martijn©
Hi, I have a QTEK 9100 and tomtom Navigator 5, I have tried following your instructions but some things seem to be different

I have copied over all the files from the supplied SD card onto my Mini SD card and tried to launch the start app (the one with the tomtom symbol) this flashes up a tomtom screen but then does nothing.

I downloaded the 5.1 update from tomtom but it keeps crashing when i try and run it?

"STEP 3 : ACTIVATE THE GPS CONTROL PANEL"

how do i do this??

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings

Delete the DWORD marked "hide"

Add a DWORD called "Group" and give it the value of "2" (dec)

The GPS panel will now show up in your connection settings

"Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings" i can find this through the reg editor but not the rest, all i have when i click on "GPS settings" is something called Redirect?

any ideas? maybe i will have to wait for tomtom to release an update, but if you have any ideas the will be appreciated

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same problem I have with my Qtek 9100. I guess this workaround does NOT work on Windows Mobile 2005. (Or is a i-mate KJAM also WM 2005?)

We have to wait untill TomTom supports WM 2005 i guess ;)

Guest bartsimp
6. At BT: select OUTGOING port to 0.

7. Back again to GPS control panel and select NONE.

8. Finally start TT5 and it should connect automatically. Wait for a couple of seconds and click the GPS settings and you should see it has connected.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thx for the guide but I'm stuck here with my m3000.

I have no possibility to: change the bt port from 6 to 0, n o possibility to create a new outbound port to 0 -only 6 & 7 are available.

any clue?

Guest kafmees

TT 5.1 works fine on my K-Jam.

I used the cab-files I downloaded somewhere (I have legal TT).

Installed in this order: ttn.cab - pim - wzd - gps.

No soft-reset needed, TT was there on the today-screen. Launched TT, got an activation code on ttcode.com and it worked.

The GPS also worked (without having to get GPS in the connection-area) Just pair, serial , outgoing on com6 and secure connection. In TT I then have a com 6 in the preference area.

I can do a softreset and start TT as many times possible and it works. But.... when I turn my BT GPS off (I have a Adapt 300), and turn it back on again.. no connection is possible. I have to delete the pair and pair it again before all's working again.

(Sometimes I even get an error, that the pairingcode is wrong??)

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I tried numerous settings in the GPS panel, but nothings working yet.

Edited by kafmees

thx for the guide but I'm stuck here with my m3000.

I have no possibility to:  change the bt port from 6 to 0, n o possibility to create a new outbound port to 0 -only 6 & 7 are available.

any clue?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dud read the thread again, I solved that issue.

Has anyone got tomtom working on the UK t-mobile vario ?

I really want to order one but I have this niggling feeling that tomtom is going to cause problems!

Cheers :)

Guest ingewitt

Hi,

I recently got my Qtek 9100 and I was very excited to install TomTom BUT then the problems came..

I have followed every step you described but then I began with step 3:

STEP 3 : ACTIVATE THE GPS CONTROL PANEL

Fire up a registry editor (eg http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/phmregistryeditor.shtml )

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MASCHINE\ControlPanel\GPS Settings

Delete the DWORD marked "hide"

Add a DWORD called "Group" and give it the value of "2" (dec)

The GPS panel will now show up in your connection settings.

I've downloaded the registry editor you suggested and I have deleted the redirect value en created a new DWORD: name = "Group"; Value="2" (dec radiobutton). But now I can't see the GPS panel! I've done a soft reset but this didn't help. Above all the redirect value showed up again in the registry editor allthough I have deleted that.

What I didn't found was the DWORD marked "hide"..

What now?

Can someone please help me?

How do you have to install the maps?

Guest Pondrew

@RichardD, the MDA Vario hardware and XDA Mini S should be as good as identical hardware wise so if TomTom works on one it'll work on both. You'll need TomTom Navigator version 5.2 (as it supports WM5)

The tom tom 5 installer doesnt seems to work but the 5.1 does so i guess this is ok but where am i suppsoed to out the files from the 5.2 installer as the only files in the tom tom folder is the exe.

I did get it to run once but it wouldnt detect the maps, is this fixed with the reg edit?

thanks

Guest mcwarre

Just received my TomTom 5 for PDA (I had TT Mobile on C500). Installed it using the cab method (it was 5.1 already btw), trasfered Great_Britain-Map.cfg from C500 (includes favourites etc) switched on (TT BT GPS was on and locked) and it paired itself and worked in about 10 secs; no registry hacking nothing. Which is nice.... :) :D

Sam problem with vario paring with bt gps, if i turn teh device off i have to delete the paring on the device and then re add it otherwise i get no connection :S

apart from that the second guide worked fine with v5.1 maps and customn voices all working altought it would be nice to remove all the uninstalled ones from the list and be able to customize the screens for custom ones (rather than just unknown male etc).

No reg hack needed just install the cabs on the device and make your own folders.

I'll let you know next weekend if it actually works :)

Just received my TomTom 5 for PDA (I had TT Mobile on C500). Installed it using the cab method (it was 5.1 already btw), trasfered Great_Britain-Map.cfg from C500 (includes favourites etc) switched on (TT BT GPS was on and locked) and it paired itself and worked in about 10 secs; no registry hacking nothing. Which is nice.... :) :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as you only want uk maps its actually not that big, you could get away with 128m card easily, but you might as well get bigger becuase its not much more expensive.

Ok i think paring has something to do with tom tom, if you swtich off the gps unit before tom tom shuts down then turn it back on before you launch tom tom it seems to work,

thanks everyone for guides etc glad to get it working now i've actually brought the thing :)

Anyone have advice on speed camera warnings/poi's?

Guest mcwarre
Ok i think paring has something to do with tom tom, if you swtich off the gps unit before tom tom shuts down then turn it back on before you launch tom tom it seems to work,

thanks everyone for guides etc glad to get it working now i've actually brought the thing :)

Anyone have advice on speed camera warnings/poi's?

Lppk at http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/index.php

Guest mcwarre

@RichardD

TomTom Nvigator 5 is 121MB as is on the card; so a 128MB mini-sd will not be good enough as, although it says 128MB, there is not that much space available. Also when you POIs, Speed Camera warnings etc then it will not fit. Go for the biggest you can afford but I would recommend at least 256MB.

Guest RichardD

I read somewhere that large memory cards can slow down a device and drain the battery faster.

Am I better getting two 512Mb cards and having to swap, or is a 1Mb fine ?

Guest tailor205gti

Hi

I also get to Step 6 and getting stuck!

Am also getting only COM 6 & 7

Set BT outgoing to COM7.

GPS is NONE

TT5 and in the COM Settings am only getting

COM9

COM3

COM0

COM2

SERIAL

INFRA..

Tired all of them...Doesn't work...any idea pleasseeee!!