Can Activesync Sync Contact Photos...?

Guest darrellt

Guest darrellt

Hi all,

Does anyone know if MS Activesync can sync contact photos from and to MS Outlook?

I have Pocket X's Photo Contacts V2.0 and would have thought that it and Outlook 2003 would be able to synchronise contact photos as well as details.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. I love the look of Float's Mobile Agent which seems to do the job and a load more but sadly as yet it isn't compatible with MS Smartphones.

Also is there a way for Activesync or another app to sync MMS photos to a PC? Jeyo's Outlook Extender manages SMS but not as yet MMS.

D.

Edited by darrellt

Guest darrellt
At the current time Activesync does not support photo transfers with contacts.

However the there is third party software that allows you do that that costs $20.

http://www.pocketx.net/smartphone/photocontacts_install.html

Bet your wishing you had an imac with isync and symbian phone  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply davejerome,

I've already got PocketX's Photocontacts but didn't know it could do that. I know it will show who's calling with a presaved photo on the phone saved using the same mobile number but will it really sync with Outlook 2003 and pull photos over???

I wish Float would convert their software to include SPVs too as it does so much so smoothly.

D.

Guest davejerome
Thanks for the reply davejerome,

I've already got PocketX's Photocontacts but didn't know it could do that. I know it will show who's calling with a presaved photo on the phone saved using the same mobile number but will it really sync with Outlook 2003 and pull photos over???

I wish Float would convert their software to include SPVs too as it does so much so smoothly.

D.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never used the software to be honest but i have read that it would. However if you have experienced / know differently then I guess it doesn't

Guest darrellt
Actually, there is a pre-release of ActiveSync 4.1 'floating around' that includes picture sync ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice one Paul and a bobbling pun to boot ;-)

Okay, two questions for you:

Is it stable/worth using?

Is there anything to your knowledge that offers similar if not the same features as Float's Mobile Agent?

Cheers,

D.

Guest darrellt
I couldn't possibly comment on what appears to be leaked software, but you might like to give it a go ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coooooool!

Can I install over the old one or do I need to uninstall first?

Guest darrellt
The installer will remove the old version for you.

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay so I have this unofficially installed and also have PocktX's Caller ID software installed. Should Activesync now syncronise contact photos from Outlook 2003 to Caller ID? Mine doesn't seem to be doing so.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'll stop once I've understood what it can and should do and how I should use it.

Cheers,

D.

Guest darrellt
Okay so I have this unofficially installed and also have PocktX's Caller ID software installed. Should Activesync now syncronise contact photos from Outlook 2003 to Caller ID? Mine doesn't seem to be doing so.

Sorry for the barrage of questions, I'll stop once I've understood what it can and should do and how I should use it.

Cheers,

D.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anybody able to answer the above for me please?

• 1 month later...
Guest derricktothecity

Hey people, I have ran into the same problem. I noticed that active sync 4.1 offered the ability to sync photo contacts and was excited to see it in action, but have not seen the photos populate on my device after a sync with the new software. Perplexing. Has anyone seen this work yet?

Edited by derricktothecity