C550 Decert Problem

Guest homer_j_s

Guest homer_j_s

Got my shiney new c550 the end of last week, as everyone is I was drooling over the screen, super sharp and so colourfull it puts my c500 to shame. :shock:

BUT.......

I cant app unlock the damn thing, firstly i try that "change 2 reg key settings" and that didnt work so i changed the settings back, then I run Action Register, got it to say YES under registered, then I go to the Orange developer site, my signal bar gets the tiny G, the IE refreshes and it says "your phone has now had its security certificates disabled", but much to my dissapointment nothing has changed!!! :o

I have tried it 6 times, each with the same result.

The program i test it with is sprite backup. (as well as re opening action register for it to say LOCK RUNNING just to make sure).

Can anyone help with this 'limited' (and not in the good way) phone

Guest Disco Stu

Hmmm..been thinkning about getting the latest version of Sprite myself but have held off because the Smartphone version still doesn't appear to create self-extracting restore files. Without checking I have it on the back of my head that they have still to address the QVGA / WM05 updates but correct me if I'm wrong.

My point though is that I would not have considered this to be the best test of whether your phone is application unlocked or not. The Orange developers site is always the best method of achieving this and has always worked for me with all of the SPV range. I've done my C550 at least thrice and with instant results. I'm runnning unsigned software and have not had any problems installing anything.

So, I'm just suggesting that Sprite might be the problem rather than the unlocking process. What do you think ?

Guest homer_j_s
So, I'm just suggesting that Sprite might be the problem rather than the unlocking process. What do you think ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe, but its the same version i have had for ages and the program which i always used to see if it worked or not when unlocking c500's, install it, get the message, then do the app unlock, it works.

But it still doesnt explain why Action Register app still read "Lock: Running", so the phone must still be restricted.

Could I ask anyone who had there c550 a while, what does the 1st boot screen look like?

Cos im thingkin mine might be a newer version where the app unlock is not possible.

Mine has the orange logo with an orange band of light diagonally at the bottom and a thin 1 curving around the right of the logo.

This might seem a strange question but i only ask cos in the c550 Hard Reset video it shows boot screen as the old c500 splash with orange logo over the lake thing.

thanks for the help btw

Could I ask anyone who had there c550 a while, what does the 1st boot screen look like?

Cos im thingkin mine might be a newer version where the app unlock is not possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ROM version are you running? I have unlocked my C550 and am running Sprite version 2.1 build 1267. Are you running the latest version of sprite?

Guest homer_j_s

Its hard to tell which rom version there is that many different numbers.

The first thing i come to is WM2003SE Version 4.21.1088 (Build 15159.2.6.4)

As for sprite it is version 1.0

Thanks for the help btw

Guest pd.ryder

If you continue to have problems, email [email protected] and explain your problem, including your IMEI number and they will provide you with an unlock utility application. It's installed on the phone and allows you to choose the level of security you want. These apps never fail.

Your IMEI number can be displayed using *#06# on the keypad.

:o

Guest homer_j_s

Cool thanks, I have just emailed them now and will post an update later :o

UPDATE: Got the specific unlocking program which also didn't work :(

Waiting on there opinion that i may have a faulty phone

Edited by homer_j_s

Guest homer_j_s

Started messing and got it done, the action register still claims its locked but sprite runs ;)

My theory.... installed sprite on locked phone, then tried to run it, got the error from sprite saying it cant run on locked phones, then the unlock methods WORKED but sprite still uses the previous knowledge that its installed on a locked phone, so it still gave the error.

But cos i got action register telling me LOCKED and then sprite not workin naturally assumed the unlock methods failed (i could swear that doin it on c500 worked the second it was unlocked).

Anyway so now i got a little exe file which decerts, so technically i could hard reset while away from home, run the decert, run sprite and then im back to normal in a few mins..... awesome!

PS. I have examined the .exe file with hex editors and i reckon a small tweak and it wud work with any phone (if i have the imei number), so if anyone wants to test me pm me!