i-mate SP5 Wireless Network

Guest GuyAdams

Guest GuyAdams

Im currently awaiting my i-mate SP5,

Questions,

i) Is there a way of viewing/using network shares over the wi-fi connection from the phone? If not will there be any software to support this?

ii) What will the TCP/IP protocols be like, i presume being Windows Mobile 5.0 based it will be a cut down version of the standard XP TCP/IP?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Regards

GuyAdams

• 1 month later...
Guest schriss

I have my SP5m since yesterday and I am also trying to get mt SP5m to show network as NETWORK folder like on my Pocket PC.

I have found this:

How to access Network shares through Pocket Explorer.

In order to see the Network folder you can download a third party tool like Resco Explorer, which will cost you, or you can do a simple registry edit.

Backup your Pocket PC before playing with the registry. This is good practice in case anything goes wrong.

To make the Network visible :

1. open registry editor on your Pocket PC.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\REDIR

3. Open RegisterFSBoot and change the DWORD value to 1.

4. Close registry editor and soft reset the device. thats it!

BUT it's for Pocket PC, and I couldn't create redistry key, will try another registry application.

Anyone had better luck?

afaik its just not implemented on smartphone. Even resco for smartphone won't do it.

It seems that SMB just wasn't included in smartphone, nor was netbios obviously; probably so PPC people can proclaim their devices are real PDA's :)

I assume it will appear at some point, but more likely as a program leveraging raw sockets than any sort of protocol to drop ontop of the tcpip stack :D

Guest schriss
afaik its just not implemented on smartphone.  Even resco for smartphone won't do it.

It seems that SMB just wasn't included in smartphone, nor was netbios obviously; probably so PPC people can proclaim their devices are real PDA's :)

I assume it will appear at some point, but more likely as a program leveraging raw sockets than any sort of protocol to drop ontop of the tcpip stack :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So lets hope some smart programmer notices that there is a need for such application, an opportunity to put it on Handango and make some extra cash 8)

I'm ready to beta test.