T-Mobile Web'n'Walk: MDA Compact/MDA Pro/SDAII

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

title_special_offer_wnw.gif

T-Mobile's Web 'n' Walk offer is now available on their latest Pocket PC Phones and Smartphone. It's not a bad deal either.

Web 'n' Walk currently offers 9 months half price line rental on an 18month contract and includes 40meg gprs (enough for most of us!). But as usual existing customers are being neglected. Anyone wishing to upgrade or renew their contract don't qualify for the half price line rental

Still, not a bad tariff offer. They do split the 9months half price rental though between the start and end of your contract (6months at the beginning, 3months at the end).

What impressed me is that on this offer you can get the new MDA Pro (HTC Universal) on Web 'n' Walk 200 for £149.99 with 9months at £16 a month and the remaining 9months £32 a month. Added all together you're getting the MDA Pro, 18 months of 40meg GPRS and 200 mins talk time for a total of £581.99! Not bad given this device sim free is usually over £600 without the talktime or GPRS!

They're also offering the SDA II Smartphone (HTC Hurricane same as SPV C550 albeit in a Tornado case - what's with that?!) and MDA Compact.

For the online offer on their website which includes a self service discount see here

EDIT: Just noticed something interesting. The small print for the half price offer indicates once your contract finishes the half price line rental will continue until u accept an upgrade or renew your contract:

*Half price line rental applies in months 1 to 6, months 16 to 18 and thereafter. You will lose eligibility for half price line rental if you upgrade your handset or otherwise renew your minimum term contract.
Edited by Pondrew

Guest movieifx

Ordered 2 of the MDA Pro's on Wednesday evening. Each cost me 138.99 and for next 6 months my line rental will be half what I'm paying at the moment with Orange. Mine arrived this morning. My wife will apparently have to wait until Monday for hers ;)

Bye bye to my trusty SPV E200.

Guest Pondrew

Just noticed something interesting. The small print for the half price offer seems to indicate that once your contract finishes the half price line rental will continue until u accept an upgrade or renew your contract:

*Half price line rental applies in months 1 to 6, months 16 to 18 and thereafter. You will lose eligibility for half price line rental if you upgrade your handset or otherwise renew your minimum term contract.

Guest steve_smith
Just noticed something interesting. The small print for the half price offer seems to indicate that once your contract finishes the half price line rental will continue until u accept an upgrade or renew your contract:

Yeah, I noticed that too. As soon as the MDA Vario (HTC Wizard) comes out, and unless Orange come up with something spectacular, I am going to move to T-Mobile (I always used to be a T-Mobile customer until I wanted a smartphone and they didn't have any).

So far as I know, Orange haven't even announced their version of the HTC Wizard yet (not even seen a leaked picture), so I expect it won't be available for months.

Gone are the days when Orange were the carrier to go for in the UK if you wanted a Windows Mobile handset?

Steve.

Guest Pondrew

I've found this really tempting (and frustrating). I'm an existing T-Mobile Relax customer who pays £10 a month (after VAT) for 12meg GPRS. I'd love to have 40meg as presently have to ration the 12meg.

It's almost cheap enough to sign up for a new contract just for the GPRS, cheap tariff after the 18months, and the device. I could remove the GPRS charge from my existing contract so offsetting the cost. Unfortunately almost isn't quite enough though... even if I sold the device (the MDA Compact seems to go for the most on Ebay) I shouldn't be taking on extra bills right now. :?: ;)

Tempting, but

Orange CS 150 is free.

T mobile CS is 50p/min capped at £5, according to the small print....

Or am I missing the point that Tmobile CS are so fast & efficient that every call lasts 10 seconds :??:

Guest Pondrew

Hmmm. Strange. Didn't think I ever paid to call customer service but the Relax offers on the website say the same. And I call customer services all the time! My bills have never been overly high :?:

My experience of Customer Service at T-Mobile IS good but u do have to hold sometimes to get through.

EDIT: Just been discussing this with a family member. Both of us have Relax tariffs and neither of us have to pay for customer service/automated service calls. Unfortunately it seems this change of charging for 150 affects all new customers signing up (of course, they can put whatever terms and conditions in they like, as it's upto people to sign up to them).

Guest Fleabag

You'll only get charged for 150 if you have a self service plan. I.E. you get an extra £1-£6 off your MRC/month if you took an on-line version of a plan. You can choose not to be charged on-line, instore and via telesales. ;)

Some customers are able to take advantage of the half price deals, and most are able to take a deal which is almost as good [a few pounds shy of half price each month].

I imagine the Vario will be a part of the Web N' Walk deals as soon as it is launched [expected October 29th]. :D

Hi All

Anyone care to comment about T-mobile, such as quality of service, coverage etc? It would be really useful to hear from those with experience before I ditch my Vodafone connection and sign up to this.

Ive already been to my local T-mobile shop (West Quay, Southampton) and nearly done the deal twice! Just looking for reassusrance that Im not going to regret leaving Vodafone who are a very professional outfit. I am itching to get that 40 mb of internet use though ;)

Cheers

Rob T

Me too, really. Orange are great - but 40Mb/month is not to be sniffed at.

What, for example would t-mobile do if my phone stopped working? I know with Orange (even without Orange Care) if I report the phone as dead they'll send a replacement via courier within 24 hours (this happened with my C500 ealier this year)

Guest Fleabag

T-Mobile's coverage is just as good as all the others - which has been proven by an independant survey. You can request this information from them. ;)

If your phone 'stops working' a replacement would entirely depend on why it has stopped working. Any warranty faults would give you a replacement next day in the first 28 days, afterwards it would be a repair [or replacement if it is unrepairable] via post. You can pick up a loan handset from a number of stores [with £50 deposit] - although it will be a model they supply, not at your choice [i.e. it would be a basic handset just allowing you to make calls].

You can get insurance at £7.99 a month for data handsets, which is more comprehensive than any other on the market. Covering you for all the eventualities that other policies do not in their' small print - including water damage.

Edited by Fleabag

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bigbadwolf

Question? I live in the US and wanted to get one of the MDA Pros from the T-mobile international website, is this possible? Does anyone know how I could get one of these MDA Pros (JasJar) phones without having to sell my first born child??? Thanks any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone was tempted by the offer before, may I suggest u revisit the link?

Why? Because the discount just got better...  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by Bigbadwolf

Guest Pondrew

Just thought of a problem to using the Universal in the US... it's only tri band. I'm not totally sure of which bands a device needs to work in the US but it's missing one of them...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Triband is fine to use in the US (My magician served me well when i used it in Seattle in September).

Quadband just allows you the option of connecting to another US network carrier, so you may find you get slightly better coverage. Never had any probs with triband personally though...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.