Useful Tweaks for SP5/SP5m/Tornado

Guest chrisc28

Guest bbrockie

Out of memory issues when using installers with large files?

Myself and a few others have been having problems installing larger programs onto the Storage Card, where ActiveSync tell's you that you're device is out of memory.

Modaco user 'sitchey' started this discussion which can be followed here.. Change Installation Directory?

I found a temporary solution, which might work for you guys aswell, in case you don't have the .cab files:

.CAB Ripping from Installer files

1. Run the installer and wait for ActiveSync to popup and tell you you're out of space.

2. Close the installer and go to the ActiveSync directory (Usually "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync")

3. Now find the program you tried to install in here (You could sort by "Date Modified") - Usualy a folder named after the program/developer

4. Copy the .cab file to your device's Storage Card using "Explore" in ActiveSync.

5. Run the .cab file from your device and choose to install it to your Storage Card

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Yes. Attached the modified button shortcuts to be copied in to you Windows folder, overwriting the originals. The shortcuts only will work if you installed TCPMP on your storage card!. Your phone has to be fully unlocked to enable it to overwrite system files. Check this forum for instructions, there are plenty of posts about it.

As said, the hardware buttons (3) on your i-mate SP5m/Qtek 8300 will now open TCPMP player. In the settings of TCPMP you can assign the correct functions (back, forward and play/pause) to the buttons.

Tata!

and what must you do if you want to undo these changes? since some system files are overwritten I suppose simply uninstalling (if that's even possible) this programm won't do any good?

I'm really interested in this, but i dont feel like needing to hard-reset my phone or be busy with it for hours in order to undo this if i might feel like it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest th1rt3en

I found this key in the regstry.. if i change it to a larger size, will it allow bigger downloads(ie: mp3's?)?

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content\CacheLimit = 6126

Guest andrewqchen
Email & Attachments on Storage Card

Forgive me if this has been posted before. Or if you all know this. I used to do this on my PPC before I got my smartphone (sp5). I just tried it to see if it would work and it does :rolleyes:

Create the folders on your Storage Card '\Storage Card\Inbox' and the subfolder '\Attachments'

Import the registry keys as below. (try Registry Workshop and you can connect to Mobile device registries from your PC and import reg files. This saves having a Registry editor installed on the phone and typing on the device). If you are entering these keys manually rather than importing a *.reg file only use single slashes for the paths. Restart your device after doing this.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI]

"AttachPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox\\Attachments"

"PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox"

This not only puts email attachments onto your storage card but puts all the *.mpb files which make up items in your Inbox onto the storage card too. This means I now sync the last month of complete emails (1362 of them!) from all folders on my Exchange server and it doesn't make a dent in the phone memory.

:(

Hi. Sorry just very new to registry edits.

How do i know whether it works? How do i actually check that all my emails are now on the storage card instead of the phone's memory?

and when you say "PropertyPath"="\\Storage Card\\Inbox" do you mean that the entire string is the Value data or is PropertyPath the value name and \\Storage Card\\Inbox is the value data?

Thanks

Guest mikeeey

theres a reg edit so when people call the little green led light flashes, but that isnt enough. is there a way to make red blue green yellow orange and maybe the keypad light all blink too?

Edited by mikeeey

If you want to change the location folder where pictures taken will be stored instead of My Pictures, create a new folder in My Documents (such Camera) in your Storage Card and in your main memory. (\Storage Card\My Documents\Camera) and change the following string value:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\P1\SaveFolder

Change the string value to the folder name you want (Camera in this example).

You can also do the same for Videos, the registry is:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\P2\SaveFolder

Change this in the same manner as above, or you can even make videos and images to be saved in the same folder.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to display the total of sms and the total of outlook messages on your homescreen? Normally they only show the amount of unread messages. I would like to always be able to see how many messages I've got. Anyone?

• 1 month later...
Guest klotter
Some minor memory management fix

Storing temporary internet files in IE hogs up precious memory on the phone (somehow it doesn't happen to me in WM2003). Here's how I avoid losing my memory to temporary internet files (since I do a lot of browsing).

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell Folders

Values -> Cache

Change value data to point to your Storage Card (if you have enough space, else edit your cache size limit).

What are the standard settings for this?

Edited by klotter

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!!

I just got my SDA and I want to delete the pictures in My Pictures! I read all the tread and someone said that if the phone was application unlocked you could dellete sistems files!! i did that, changed the Registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 =1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 =40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001017 =144

Then I run the SDA_ApplicationUnlock!! I did it several times and I just cant delete the pictures, is driving me madddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!

I really dont know how to do it I can install applications and edit the Registry but i cant delete those files.

If someone knows I will be forever gratefull!!

Hello!!

I just got my SDA and I want to delete the pictures in My Pictures! I read all the tread and someone said that if the phone was application unlocked you could dellete sistems files!! i did that, changed the Registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 =1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 =40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\00001017 =144

Then I run the SDA_ApplicationUnlock!! I did it several times and I just cant delete the pictures, is driving me madddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!

I really dont know how to do it I can install applications and edit the Registry but i cant delete those files.

delete them using your PC when it is connected through ActiveSync.

Im feeling really dumb right now.... I didnt thouth of deleting them from my computer!!!

thx for the help!!!

delete them using your PC when it is connected through ActiveSync.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Davka

HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SWHighPass

Value name: CutoffFrequency

Default: 700

Below that frequency sound is cut off (it's high pass filter).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VartLokur
Hello!!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 =1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 =40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 =144

For full unlock your phone, before use SDA AU, you should add two more values.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000101a =1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000101b =1

this values not present in the standart registry, so dont try to find it, just add new binery. only after that use SDA_AU.

• 1 month later...
Guest OscarGV
I'll be entering these keys manually. Can someone please:

a) Confirm that what I need to create in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI is a value and not a key, and

:) Tell me what kind of key (string or bindary or DWORD etc.)

In return, I can happily announce to everyone that the MSFP-containing ROM Update from i-mate for the SP5 does everythign they say, and does it nicely. Direct Push e-mail works like a charm, and the utility for increasing the time that the keybad light stays on also works nicely and is an extremely welcome fix.

Hi, I tried this in my HTC Touch (WM6) and seems that even with the registry changes it stills sends the emails to \Windows\Messaging folder. Do you know what else could be done? Tks

• 4 months later...

Hi, is there a way to tweak the right soft key so that when you hold the key it would terminate the program?

I am looking for a program that is similar to the SmartsKey program for the MDA.

I am getting annoyed by going into Task Manager every time when I want to terminate a program.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!