Need to be taught a lession.....

Guest MR 2

Hello one and all

After reading through many many many posts i'm non the wiser. all i'm trying to do is get a Caller ID template for my C550 as there seems to be a bug (maybe?) which stops you selecting a template, either that or i've not got any Caller ID themes installed. All i can do is move the Caler ID photo and the text around the screen.

Is this right? where can i get themes if i've non istalled? (and how do i install them...?) :oops:

Also, somthing else i'd like to know how to do is install the application programs (like Smurf - Bluetooth Logger ;) and others ) in the download section.

Is there a how to section which i've missed? (or, more appropriately, an idiots guide :D )

Any help wil always be apprecited

Thanks all

MR 2 :oops: :oops:

Guest pd.ryder

Try Options>Display Settings - top row "Display style" - youv'e probably got "Use photo only" selected. Select "Use template" and off you go....

;):)

Guest Disco Stu

Click on the 'First 48 Hours' link in my sig for installation instructions on the various file types. The FAQs & Articles sections contain a plethora of good advice. ;)

I have not seen any templates for download anywhere but, if you want to confirm that you have the standard ones installed, connect phone to PC with ActiveSync and click on Explore. Now go to the folder \Storage \My Documents \Caller ID Photos and there should be .pit files. These are the templates.

Try Options>Display Settings - top row "Display style" - youv'e probably got "Use photo only" selected. Select "Use template" and off you go....

;):)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what i thought, but no it is set to "use template"

All this thinking is making my head hurt.....#-o

I have not seen any templates for download anywhere but, if you want to confirm that you have the standard ones installed, connect phone to PC with ActiveSync and click on Explore. Now go to the folder \Storage \My Documents \Caller ID Photos and there should be .pit files. These are the templates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just been checking and there are no files ending in .pit so i presume i don't have any templates? :??:

i knew i shuld have bought a nokia!.... :twisted:

Guest Disco Stu

Looks like the originals have been deleted but not to worry.

You could do a hard reset and get them back that way. It's a bit drastic but a good way to clean up the phone if you got it second-hand.

Alternatively put this into the MoDaCo search engine -> .pit+caller ;)

Looks like the originals have been deleted but not to worry.

You could do a hard reset and get them back that way. It's a bit drastic but a good way to clean up the phone if you got it second-hand.

Alternatively put this into the MoDaCo search engine -> .pit+caller ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks once again !

Stu-Disco.jpg