Bluetooth & ActivSync

Guest ruffryder

Guest ruffryder

Hi,

Why can i not connect to activsync via bluetooth. I have read so many how-to's and still nothing. The connector at the bottom of the phone has broken, it doesnt charge or sync via cable any more. So i bought myself a Bluetooth dongle to use instead. I have been trying for hours on end but still nothing.

Can anybody help or point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks.

Guest monkeygadge

Have a look in the Smartphone help and advice forum for a thread entitled:

::Bulletproof Guide [Almost!] to ActiveSync and Bluetooth::

It's very easy to set up Bluetooth activesync if you have already had a USB connection to your PC, but only if you know how!! ;)

Guest ruffryder
Have a look in the Smartphone help and advice forum for a thread entitled:

::Bulletproof Guide [Almost!] to ActiveSync and Bluetooth::

It's very easy to set up Bluetooth activesync if you have already had a USB connection to your PC, but only if you know how!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did have my phone sync'd before it messed up, but since then i have done a fresh windows install so i need to know how to sync without the data cable.

Thanks

Edited by ruffryder

Guest monkeygadge

Not sure if you can do that. I think you need the cable to set up the initial activesync with the device. If you've done a fresh install then no joy.

You could theoretically

borrow a mates smartphone and sync it with your PC to set up a partnership. Be careful you uncheck all the sync options (inbox,tasks,etc). Then afterwards use the device name on your Mpx220 to establish a bluetooth connection. Go back into settings for activesync and check all the sync options.]

I have never done this though and wouldn't recommend it!!!

Guest ruffryder
Not sure if you can do that. I think you need the cable to set up the initial activesync with the device. If you've done a fresh install then no joy.

You could theoretically

borrow a mates smartphone and sync it with your PC to set up a partnership. Be careful you uncheck all the sync options (inbox,tasks,etc). Then afterwards use the device name on your Mpx220 to establish a bluetooth connection. Go back into settings for activesync and check all the sync options.]

I have never done this though and wouldn't recommend it!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brilliant!! I have got an Mpx200 at home that has been sat in its box for a while i will try that.

Thanks for your help, i shall let you know how i get on.