Orange C550 Rom update

Guest davejerome

Guest davejerome

Hi there,

I have a C550 with rom version 8.2.1.10 and i just emailed parrot about using their product with tomtom. They have turned around now and said.....

...Concerning your request, we have tested our SPV C550 with the version :

8.2.5.7 Rom Version and no muting problem have been detected.

So I advise you to update your device to a newer version if you have an older

version.

Concerning the GPS, for the moment the TOMTOM Mobile software is not

compatible with the SPV C550.

However we advise you to consult some helps documents on our web site :

www.parrot.biz

in the SUPPORT \ USER GUIDE section. May be your problem is due to a settings

problems so

some documents about the TOMTOM Mobile software can help you.

Best Regards

Pedro

So now I ask is there a rom update from orange and if so how do i get at it?

Guest Pondrew
Hi there,

I have a C550 with rom version 8.2.1.10 and i just emailed parrot about using their product with tomtom. They have turned around now and said.....

...Concerning your request, we have tested our SPV C550 with the version :

8.2.5.7 Rom Version and no muting problem have been detected.

So I advise you to update your device to a newer version if you have an older

version.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Traditionally Orange Smartphone rom versions 3rd digit indicates the country of origin. This would suggest that TomTom have tested their software on an older software version then that launched on the C550 by Orange UK. They tested on 8.2.x.7 while you have 8.2.x.10.

Having done some research on the internet I've found out rom version 8.2.5.7 is the Swiss Orange SPV C550 rom version. Are they a Swiss company?! ;)

Guest davejerome
Traditionally Orange Smartphone rom versions 3rd digit indicates the country of origin. This would suggest that TomTom have tested their software on an older software version then that launched on the C550 by Orange UK. They tested on 8.2.x.7 while you have 8.2.x.10.

Having done some research on the internet I've found out rom version 8.2.5.7 is the Swiss Orange SPV C550 rom version. Are they a Swiss company?!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no, they are French. Oh and the company in question is parrot not tomtom.

Just to anybody else reading

Thanks

Guest Pondrew
no, they are French. Oh and the company in question is parrot not tomtom.

Just to anybody else reading

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, wonder why a French company should test their software with (an apparently outdated) Swiss rom. If I were you I would email Parrot back advising that the UK rom version is newer then the one they tested on. Recommend they try and get hold of one and confirm this ISN'T a bug in their software.

Guest davejerome
Strange, wonder why a French company should test their software with (an apparently outdated) Swiss rom. If I were you I would email Parrot back advising that the UK rom version is newer then the one they tested on. Recommend they try and get hold of one and confirm this ISN'T a bug in their software.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's strange is that my c550 was one of the first shipped.

Guest morpheus2702

Maybe this is a bit of a tangent, but CoolSmartPhone are reporting that the BBC are doing a trial where you can download broadcast TV and radio programmes on your PC and mobile devices. They are testing the service with SPV C500s running Windows Mobile 5.0. (Had a look on MoDaCo to see if this was mentioned already).

Maybe I am clutching at straws here, but could it be that the upgrade from WM2003SE to WM5.0 is bit less ethereal that it was and that could be the next ROM update, whenever it may come?

Ooh, you're hopeful there I reckon! ;) Much as I would love to see Orange give us a WM5 update, I think that along with world peace, a cure for all illness, & Northern Ireland to qualify for the world cup :twisted: , I very much doubt that will happen/.