Phone List a subset of Contact List (Outlook) ok?

Guest eieioeieio

Guest eieioeieio

i've never had a Windows Mobile 5.0 or a Smartphone, so pardon my newbie-ness.

let's say i have an Outlook Contact List on my PC of 2000 names/contacts. it is very nice to have all of that on my SP5/8310, should i need any of them, they will be on my fingertips. i'm so used to having a nice, "lean" list of Phone List people/numbers on my current Sony Ericsson S700 since it is an abridged, "short list" of, say 500 names/people (call this "Phone List") that are basically the only people that i tend to call from a day to day basis. it seems very cumbersome to scroll through so many names in Outlook to find a name, or even type in a number of letters.

is there a way to have the entire Outlook Contact list activesync'ed onto the SP5, yet, have an abridged "Phone List" for day to day convenience of calling people quickly?

i cannot be the only person who's thinking about this. it seems to be that it would be very cumbersome to look through 2000 names in my entire Outlook Contact List to make phone calls!!

hope someone can help to enlighten me. it seems to me that this Win Mobile 5.0 / Smartphone thing MUST be better but i can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you very much in advance.