C550 Volume Control Buttons

Guest Lewman

Hey All,

Has anyone got an idea whats causing this? I dont seem to be able to use the volume control buttons on the side of my phone. They dont seem to bring up the volume control at all. The screen does appear to light up using them but the volume control doesnt come up. This is when using the phone and on calls. Anyone got any ideas? Would a hard reset be a good way to go?

-Lew

Hey All,

Has anyone got an idea whats causing this? I dont seem to be able to use the volume control buttons on the side of my phone. They dont seem to bring up the volume control at all. The screen does appear to light up using them but the volume control doesnt come up. This is when using the phone and on calls. Anyone got any ideas? Would a hard reset be a good way to go?

-Lew

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well ive been able to get the volume image back by going into the registry and changing the path to the volume.gif. Still not sure whether the volume control really works :/ Seems to stay pretty constant. Anyone know how to change the volume of the phone with say registry hack or something?

Thanks, how do i install this cab file? i get a error message about permissions..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Active Sync the cab over to your phone and run it from your phone (find the cab using something lyk Binarys Smart Explorer or File Manager).

If this is what you did and your getting a message about permissions then i think you would need to decert your device... theres links on this site on how to do that.

My volume buttons stopped working after i bound them as hotkeys in betaplayer(TCPMP). They work after a reset but as soon as betaplayer has been opened (even after it has been closed) they no longer work (except for in betaplayer of course). Could this be the problem? I see this as more of a feature myself, damn volume is always going up and down in my pocket, lol. ;)