internet connections

Guest scairney

Guest scairney

having recently upgraded to an spv c550 :D , and having a broadband internet connecton at home :D , is it possible to connect to the internet through my pc? :roll: I read something about changing my connection settings to automatic, with this setting there is no gprs indicaton on my screen but am i using gprs or my pc modem???? :roll: using my pc to connect would certainly be useeful. cheers for any help on this... ;)

The small G next to the signal bars indicate that you are using a GPRS connection so if it's not active then you will definitely be using the 'pass through connection' to transfer data.

Guest pd.ryder

Welcome to the forum ;)

1. Yes it is possible. Once you are ActiveSync'd and your settings are on either 'automatic' or 'passthrough', when you connect you should notice the absence of the 'G' icon where the signal strength indicator is. That's the only indication you're not using GPRS.

2. This is also possible using BT ActiveSync for more mobile browsing.

3. You'll also notice you cannot connect to Orange World and you'll be told it's for Orange GPRS customers only. This is because the Orange network is detecting your broadband ISP's IP address rather than your 550's GPRS IP.

Hope this helps :D