Still Having TomTom Problems

Guest sibeer

Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong. In the Bluetooh setup section of my phone I cannot set my outgoing port to anything other than COM6 or COM7. In TomTom I can only see COM0, COM1, COM2, COM10.

How can I get it to see the GPS if they won't work of matching ports. My GPS is a GlobalSat BT-338 that works fine on an XDA with tomtom.

Thanks in advance for helping me to get this working !

Guest carphead

Pair the two of them (the Wizard and the GPS). Then got to the third tab (Com Ports), Click "New Outgoing Port) and select the GPS in the Add a Device window. Press the right soft key and select the defaults and right soft key again.

Make a note of the Com port you've created. It's normally COM6. Start TT and use that com port.

Pair the two of them (the Wizard and the GPS).  Then got to the third tab (Com Ports),  Click "New Outgoing Port) and select the GPS in the Add a Device window.  Press the right soft key and select the defaults and right soft key again.

Make a note of the Com port you've created.  It's normally COM6.  Start TT and use that com port.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason Tom Tom doesn't seem to have port 6 or 5 available.

Guest carphead
For some reason Tom Tom doesn't seem to have port 6 or 5 available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you using Version 5.0r or 5.1? If your not using 5.1 download the update from TT. Then try it again.

Are you using Version 5.0r or 5.1?  If your not using 5.1 download the update from TT.  Then try it again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks carphead,

I thought it was installed but it mustn't have been. Now that I have put 5.1 on it gives COM 6 as an option in TomTom. I can now find new and interesting routes to and from work every day !

Guest carphead
Thanks carphead,

I thought it was installed but it mustn't have been. Now that I have put 5.1 on it gives COM 6 as an option in TomTom. I can now find new and interesting routes to and from work every day !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. Have fun using TT to get lost and send you down one way streets the wrong way ;)

Guest thereaperman
Thanks carphead,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah like being sent down a dirt track and tomtom saying its a passable road ;)

Edited by thereaperman