Orange and the new SPV M5000....

Guest eggedd2k

Guest eggedd2k

we've got any Orange business account. been calling up customer services this week to find out upgrade costs for the spv m5000.

everyone we've spoken to - including the local orange shops has said they've got no idea when the phone's coming out.

i dont know what the hell orange are playing at! ive got friends with the t-mobile and O2 versions of the M5000 and they've had them for over 2 weeks!!!!!

Guest neuronisis
That's life I am afraid.  If you want them that bad you could change networks....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was with orange for years. I was waiting for the m5000 for just ages. Couldn't wait any longer, got an i-mate jam with a vodaphone sim card. I think Orange have been loosing the plot for some time now :roll:

I've also been trying to update to an M5000. Each time I enquire at a shop or direct with Orange, I get a different answer:

Crawley, Croydon, Redhill shops (last week): "beginning of October"

Orange (last Friday): "mid-October, but some shops already have them. No, I have no way of knowing which shops have them."

Oxford St Business Centre (Saturday): "We're the first to get new phones. No, we have no information about the M5000. No, we have no way of checking stock at other branches".

Bluewater (yesterday, Sunday): "end of November"

Redhill (today): "I'm the regional manager, so I get to hear the latest news. I was expecting them last week."

Orange (today): "I have no information".

Today I rang and asked Orange for a PAC code for one of my accounts. When the friendly lady (funny how you can get to talk to someone only when you're about to change network!!!!) asked for my reasons, I pointed out that Orange are always months behind other networks in releasing handsets, that Orange refuse to provide technical support (long saga with a P800....), and that Orange can't even give an accurate statement to their loyal customers and/or retail outlets. She agreed with everything I said!

I'm now going through the process of working out which of T-Mobile and O2 I should switch to.......

Guest nigel26

the company i work for use O2 and always have done, used BTCellnet before they merged... to my knowledge they havent had any major problems with them and i've certainly never had any trouble getting support off them in the past.

i have my IMate Jam on O2 and so far so good.

I waited and waited and.... went with T-Mobile instead! Now the proud owner of an Mda Pro, and it was a right bargain!

Although I was a little wary of signing up for 18months the offer of half price line rent for 12 of the 18 months soon eased my mind! £140 for handset,£36/month 40Mb/month INCLUDED (doubt i'll be getting another £200 bill for data, thanks Orange you were really understanding NOT!)

Praise the lord for PAC codes! :cheesy:

I waited and waited and.... went with T-Mobile instead! Now the proud owner of an Mda Pro, and it was a right bargain!

Although I was a little wary of signing up for 18months the offer of half price line rent for 12 of the 18 months soon eased my mind! £140 for handset,£36/month 40Mb/month INCLUDED (doubt i'll be getting another £200 bill for data, thanks Orange you were really understanding NOT!)

Praise the lord for PAC codes!  :cheesy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. Thanks for sharing your experiences....I am nearing the end of my contract with Orange and have told them I am thinking of leaving.

This is what they're offering me:

Currently on Business 200 (£30) + 60 texts (£4) + Everyday 50 - Free weekend and evening calls to national landlines and Orange mobile users (Line 2) (£9.50)+ Insurance (£5) =£47 if I am good.

They've offered me a free upgrade (12 month handcuffs!), Business 120 (£25) + 60 free minutes, 60 free texts a month, free insurance + Everyday 50 - Free weekend and evening calls to national landlines and Orange mobile users (£9.50) = £34 odd.

Anyone think another provider will give me better for my money? Should I ask them for a data bundle, because the above was offered straight away with no bargaining.

Any advice appreciated. The SPV M5000 looks tempting. Any other Smartphones I should be considering (I'd like something a bit better built than my SPV C500).

Cheers,

James