QTek 8310 (Tornado, yes, with WiFi) imminent

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'm very excited to tell everyone that I have just been contacted by the MoDaCo Shop, who wanted me to tell everyone that their first shipment of the very exciting QTek 8310 is expected any day now!

The shop page for the QTek 8310 can be found here, but in a nutshell, the 8310 is the QTek branded version of the HTC Tornado (aka the iMate SP5), quite simply the most gorgeous Smartphone you've ever seen, and packing WiFi too!

Initial stocks will be limited and demand is expected to be HUGE... so if you want one, I would advise placing an order now!

Pre-orders will not be charged until dispatch, and any time up to this point you can cancel your order just by giving the shop a call (yes, they have a real person on the end of the phone!).

Preorders can be placed on this page:

http://www.smesolutions.co.uk/modaco/qtek8310.htm

and i'll leave you with some pics and some official marketing speak (you love it!) ;)

P

qtek8310_sideview.jpgqtek_8310_main.jpgqtek8310_back.jpg

The Qtek 8310 offers, in conjunction with it’s sister model the Qtek 8300, EDGE and Wi-Fi technology with Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition operating system, 1.3 megapixel camera and Bluetooth capabilities. This new model also includes 240x320 pixels QVGA screen and a wide variety of multimedia features. Despite the huge amount of features in this phone, it only measures 107.5 mm x 46.2 mm x 17.5 mm and weighs only 106 grams!

Qtek 8310 offers access to speedy EDGE-connections in which the largest transfer speed is 236.8 kbit/s! The hiigh speed connection offers new dimensions to using the Internet and being mobile. Furthermore the 8310 includes for the first time in such a small device an integrated Wi-Fi chip for WLAN use. The data transfer options are completed with integrated Bluetooth.

The media player in this device is Windows Media Player 10, which can play videos and music so the device can operate as an mp3 player. Additionally, the Qtek 8310 can use mp3s as ring tones. The phone’s Mini SD slot supports sizes up to 8 gigabytes.

With the phone you get Pocket Outlook software, which includes email, contacts and calendar. The email software supports POP3 and IMAP servers so that you will not need any thing else to receive and send emails. Contacts and calendar are synchronizable with a PC’s Outlook software either using an USB cable, infrared or Bluetooth. The accompanying ActiveSync software makes it possible, in addition to the previously mentioned methods, to synchronize over GPRS or EDGE with an Exchange server.

Furthermore, the phone comes preloaded with MSN Messenger, Pocket Internet Explorer, games and a Wireless Modem software, which makes it possible to use the phone as a modem for e.g. a notebook computer. It is also possible to download from the internet hundreds of useful and entertaining software for the Smartphone.

Guest fluffcat1
I'm very excited to tell everyone that I have just been contacted by the MoDaCo Shop, who wanted me to tell everyone that their first shipment of the very exciting QTek 8310 is expected any day now!

The shop page for the QTek 8310 can be found here, but in a nutshell, the 8310 is the QTek branded version of the HTC Tornado (aka the iMate SP5), quite simply the most gorgeous Smartphone you've ever seen, and packing WiFi too!

We have managed to get the handset on sale below £300 (a cracking £293 inc VAT), but initial stocks will be limited and demand is expected to be HUGE... so if you want one, I would advise placing an order now!

Showing as availability 2 weeks :-(

And also, the purchase button has Qtek 8300 written next to it...

Looks good though. Very tempted...

Richard

Good price, cheaper than in Holland. And yes, this phone IS rockin' ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just ordered it and got an email saying that there is a mistake on the price and it should be 344.28 including VAT!

Guest fluffcat1
Just ordered it and got an email saying that there is a mistake on the price and it should be 344.28 including VAT!

So that'll be £10 more than expansys then? Phew, glad I didn't succomb last night...

Richard

Guest iwilliams
I was told by the shop 'any day now'...

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when were you told this

I have paid with paypal and the money has gone from my account

Still no phone. I phoned them today and was told sometime late next week

This isnt on...not that my money has gone from my account

Guest spacerace
Yes, the shop forgot to add VAT AGAIN.

NOT happy... ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now you see, I asked if that original price included VAT here and someone replied YES !

thought it was too good to be true...

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.