SD/MMC questions

Guest 108

is it ok for me to use 1GB SD/MMC card on my mpx200? some of my friends say their phone (nokia 6600 and n-gage QD) gets lagged even when on 512MB MMC and if they use 1GB, it wont work anymore... so will mpx200 have the same problem??

Guest Pondrew

They shouldn't buy Nokia then. No such problems on Windows Mobile. You'll be fine with most SD card manufacturers. The only problems stem from dual layered SD cards which Smartphone apparently can't handle. If you buy from Sandisk you should be fine...

Guest awarner [MVP]
The only problems stem from dual layered SD cards which Smartphone apparently can't handle.

This applies only to the SPV C200 and not any other Smartphone.

The only cards to avoid on the MPX200 are by KingMax as I've found they cause all sorts of fun.

As for MMC cards, for price they are not worth looking at as they are the same price (if not more now) but also they are less secure and are about 4x slower than SD.

As the price of 1gb SD is under £50 it's by far the better option to go for.

Here's on example of cheap SD

http://www.mobymemory.com/proddetail.asp?p...RY%5F1024%5F001

And Welcome to the site ;)

Guest awarner [MVP]

Basically yes ;)

But the as mentioned above mmc are around the same price as SD and so are not really worth you considering then on your MPX200.

Guest Hypertek

i bought my 1gig adata from a site listed on pricewatch.com.. just search for good prices and free delivery. There are speed ratings on the cards as well, but I dont know how they far on a cell phone.

Guest Pondrew
This applies only to the SPV C200 and not any other Smartphone.

The only cards to avoid on the MPX200 are by KingMax as I've found they cause all sorts of fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Duly noted ;)