O2 XDA Mini S

Guest jon_hooper

Guest jon_hooper

Hi All,

O2 are trying to poach me from Orange at the mo, so was wondering if the XDA Mini S is available in the UK yet. Had a look on their website, but found nothing. Anybody any ideas?

Thanks

;)

Guest Terrapin

I called them up just now and they told me 5th December.

Hmm, so with any luck we'll have the T-mobile Vario, Orange M3000 and O2 XDA Mini S out by Christmas for me to choose from. Ace.

Guest jon_hooper
I called them up just now and they told me 5th December.

Hmm, so with any luck we'll have the T-mobile Vario, Orange M3000 and O2 XDA Mini S out by Christmas for me to choose from. Ace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that, as it happens they have just phoned me back and denied any knowledge of the device, so I've given them the links to the sites with their badged product! Good old customer services! However their GPRS rates are daylight robbery!

Hmm looks like I'll have to wait for my new toy!

:?:

Guest Pondrew

I hope you're right on the XDA Mini S coming out over here. I don't understand why the XDA Mini never made it out...?!?

EDIT: Oh, just had a thought, maybe a 64meg Pocket PC Phone device can't cope with the unstable and memory sucking application that is O2 Active. O2 may have decided better not to launch the device then to launch without their branded software...

Guest pwoodhouse

Has anyone heard anymore about this?

Like most people i'm pretty pissed off that Orange arn't bringing it out in the UK. :frown: and i need to replace my antique e200!

Guest jon_hooper
Has anyone heard anymore about this?

Like most people i'm pretty pissed off that Orange arn't bringing it out in the UK.  :frown: and i need to replace my antique e200!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that T-Mobile is going to be about the first to bring it in and their Web N Walk tariff looks V good!

I Agree, what is Orange playing at????

Guest jonhitch
when trying to get my qtek 9100 set up on their system, they had all the settings for the mini s on their system. you guys can't have long to wait now ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where is this information on their website?

where is this information on their website?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it isn't on their website but the mini s is listed as a phone on their internal systems.

they have sent me settings for the mini s. not that they worked or anything, but at least they had the menus right, etc.

Guest pwoodhouse
It isn't. I called them up again and the release date has now been pushed forward to the 21st November.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rang up just now and got given the same date - 21st November, apprently it will be avaliable online and in stores that day.... i believe it when i see it!

I rang up just now and got given the same date - 21st November, apprently it will be avaliable online and in stores that day.... i believe it when i see it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been thinking of dumping Orange for some time now (after 8 years)

The phone is already out in Germany & I believe Orange has also released their version in Mainland Europe. As always the English get charged through the nose for an inferior customer service - & see below.

Check out

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...95-phones.ihtml

and

http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...20-Phones.ihtml

The spec of the O2 doesn't appear to have EDGE - see GSM Arena at -

http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_mini_s-1274.php

There was talk earlier this year that O2 would not support EDGE & certainly Orange in England does NOT support EDGE.

This means that GPRS data speed will be a mere 32 - 48 kbps & NOT 236.8 kbps

I can't comment on the earlier comments concerning O2 proprietary software slowing down the O/S

Edited by drew_e

Hey guys,

I just spoke to o2 and they told me the release date of 30th of November. it seems its been pushed back. Tried to get a guide on the price but got nothing.

Like lots of others im a long time orange customer (spv, e200, c500) looking else where im not a fan of this 18 month contract from t-mobile because in 12 months i'll want a phone. my contract with orange is up in 3 days they offered me a m5000 but its way to big for me.

so im kind of stuck not knowing which way to turn

Guest Pondrew

If O2 do release the O2 XDA Mini S then it'll be pretty damning of Orange and their 'we don't have EDGE so what's the point?' attidude.

One thing I never understood though is why the XDA range in the UK was never complimented by the addition of the XDA Mini.

Guest barker04

o2 here we come!!

Ive been on Orange for ages and have a great deal because im a student, but i rang o2 today and was told end of november and they have nearly given me the same deal as im on with orange at the moment

Seems good to me just need to wait and see how much the handset is gona cost or if it will be free

I've been thinking of dumping Orange for some time now (after 8 years)

I did what you're thinking of. Yesterday, after 9 years with Orange, I switched to T-Mobile and the Vario (if Orange had released the M3000 I probably wouldn't have).

Now on T-Mobile web'n'walk 200. Damn site cheaper than my old monthly Orange bills. Very pleased so far, despite two hard resets.

Guest Pondrew
Now on T-Mobile web'n'walk 200. Damn site cheaper than my old monthly Orange bills. Very pleased so far, despite two hard resets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean spontaneous hard resets where the device hard resets itself? Hope not. Having said that, having to hard reset, even manually due to problems, twice in a short space of time isn't great. Shouldn't WM5 be MORE stable rather then less? (just that I haven't hard reset my WM2003SE MDA III aka HTC Blue Angel for months, it never needs it)

Do you mean spontaneous hard resets where the device hard resets itself? Hope not. Having said that, having to hard reset, even manually due to problems, twice in a short space of time isn't great. Shouldn't WM5 be MORE stable rather then less? (just that I haven't hard reset my WM2003SE MDA III aka HTC Blue Angel for months, it never needs it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi, nope not spontaneous. I've just changed my username fron nsrp_0001, so I was the guy who installed HitchHiker and it completely locked my phone up, tried soft resetting which got nowhere. Really wouldn't recommend HitchHiker at the moment.

Second time, I'd been really messing about with it and got it into a right pickle. Can't quite remember how. Think it may have been when I got into a memory pickle, and it wouldn't come back out of it. I've installed SPB Pocket Plus and it seems to have really helped with properly closing down apps.

So I wouldn't necessarily blame the phone. One was def down to HitchHiker, the other was half me half the phone ;)

Guest pwoodhouse
If O2 do release the O2 XDA Mini S then it'll be pretty damning of Orange and their 'we don't have EDGE so what's the point?' attidude.

Well they released the c600 and that supports edge, so I can't believe that’s the thinking behind their bizarre decision not to bring it out here.

Further to my earlier post, I thought I'd oblige you with the source reference for my suggesting that O2 network may not be supporting EDGE, the link is here :-

O2 and EDGE

Their present strategy is reported here :-

O2 and HSDPA

My point is that the O2 XDA mini S specs appear not to support EDGE, which is irrelevant in that theO2 network evidently does not support it anyway.

Thus using the i-mate K-JAM or the Qtec 9100 with EDGE support will not avail the user with faster connection speeds.

Certainly Orange in England does not support edge, which may explain their reluctance to introduce the new wi-fi/edge supported replacement for the M600 in this country :roll:

Edited by drew_e

Guest pwoodhouse

i rang last night and they said today..... have to wait and see if it actually happens!

Any body got any news on the o2 mini s?

Im guessing the date of the 21st didnt happen.

anyone speak to o2 lately?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest pwoodhouse

Its on the website now! just ordered its listed under XDA MINI photo is of the mini s though, £99 for the phone £19.99p.m. contract. :)

i rang last night and they said today..... have to wait and see if it actually happens!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest nevawlkalone
Its on the website now! just ordered its listed under XDA MINI photo is of the mini s though, £99 for the phone £19.99p.m. contract.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wana cough up a link??? lol

I cant seem to find it! :D

Cheers

M

Edited by nevawlkalone