O2 XDA Exec - O2 software?

Guest feeta

Hi.

I've just purchased an XDA Exec (not arrived yet) but I've heard that any sim card works in it.

If this is true, I'm going to use my Orange sim card in it (because Orange has much better signal at my house) but I just wondered, does it come with O2 software on it?

If so, is it possible to remove the software so only the hardware looks different from the i-mate JASJAR?

Is it possible to do something like a hard reset on the device and reinstall the OS with the i-mate system?

I'm very much looking forward to receiving my XDA Exec though! ;)

Guest Confucious

A hard reset and corporate instal (the code is 0506 IIRC) will get rid of the O2 software and it is unlocked so you can use your Orange SIM.

HTH

Edited by Confucious

A hard reset and corporate instal (the code is 5201 IIRC) will get rid of the O2 software and it is unlocked so you can use your Orange SIM.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, ideal, that's what I was looking for!

Do you know anywhere I could get instructions on how to do this?

Also, where would i be able to download the file needed?

Thanks very much for your help.

Feeta ;)

Guest Confucious

@dolphinsmile - no, all Orange phones are locked.

@feeta - hold down the two softkeys while putting stylus in the little hole at the back next to the power input and it will do a hard reboot. When asked, select "corporate" install then enter the code 0506 when asked.

HTH

@feeta - hold down the two softkeys while putting stylus in the little hole at the back next to the power input and it will do a hard reboot. When asked, select "corporate" install then enter the code 0506 when asked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ha, I see! Thanks very much! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robbie1974

I am trying to do a hard reset on my, o2 xda exec, as i want to get rid of the o2 bloat.

It only seems to do a soft reset, could someone please tell me exactly which buttons to press? the soft keys you refer to... do you mean the 2 round rubberised keys located on the same panel as the reset button?

thanks in advance

rob

The softkeys are the 2 keys to the left and right of the pickup/hangup buttons on the main keypad.

They are around 3/4 inch in length and both have a - on them.

Press them both together while pressing the reset button.

This will hard reset!

;)

Guest RadioImp

Doing a corporate install also removes the O2 connection settings program.

I can't get 3g to work without this program, any ideas on the exact settings I need?

Cheers!