C600 Spec + Getting Started Guide at Orange.ch

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Orange Switzerland have announced the C600!

You can read the full info here, including full specs as posted below, and a downloadable getting started guide!

I have to say, I really love the device, but then I really loved the C500! ;)

P

1.3 Megapixel camera

Address book

Bluetooth™

Browsing XHTML (HTML 4.01)

Calculator

Calendar

Caller picture ID

Camera resolution up to 1280 x 1024

Clock, alarm clock

Conference call

Connect to a compatible PC via USB cable

Digital zoom 4x

Email client (POP 3, IMAP 4, Outlook)

Flight mode

GPRS Class 10

Handsfree

Infrared

Integrated video player (mpeg 4, avi, H.263, 3GPP)

Integrated video recorder (mpeg 4, avi, H.263)

Internal memory 64MB

Java™ MIDP 2.0

Joystick

Keypad lock

Microsoft® Pocket Internet Explorer®

Microsoft® Pocket Outlook® with ActiveSync

MiniSD memory expansion slot

MSN Hotmail

MSN® Messenger

Multimedia album

Music player (mp3, wma, amr, aac)

Organiser

Photo Messaging MMS

Predictive text input (T9)

Programmable shortcuts

Quadband GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 / GSM 850

SMS

To do list

Vibrating alert

Voice dial / Voice command

WAP 2.0

Windows Mobile 5.0

Windows® Media Player® V10

spv_c600_big.jpg

Yup, I confirm it is displayed in Orange centers here. Price is 599 Swiss francs without a subscription. Then it goes as low as 99 francs with a 24 months Optima 400' plan.

What does it have more than the C550??

So no Wifi? Great, I presume this is the same device that will be introduced in the UK...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most probably. Looks like Orange is not yet ready to launch a popular phone with WIFI. Reason is they do not propose VoiP yet, so people would have to turn to Skype or others. Could be a bomb.

Most probably. Looks like Orange is not yet ready to launch a popular phone with WIFI. Reason is they do not propose VoiP yet, so people would have to turn to Skype or others. Could be a bomb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that VOip could be a problem, but they lost me as SPV customer when the chose to release the C600 without WiFI.

So if they want me back, they could produce a C650 with flash and WiFI.

(btw - that sounds like a nice handset :roll: )

/Jakob

Guest darrellt

Looks like a different flavour of C550; the initial features listed don't appear any different to the C550. If it's a subtle difference then I can't see it worthy of an upgrade from a C550 but probably makes sense if you're currently holding an older model.

D.

Cant see myself dumping the C550 for this phone as the only real difference is windows mobile 5 is included , it will have the same problems as the C550 with older games and applications not running in full screen mode and tomtom still not working until the lazy dutch company wake up and produce an update. we have here unlimited internet but not on orange but with tmobile nl so the missing wifi is not missed , lappys are so cheap these days and have wifi built in , the phones ie is good for vacations ect but can you all honestly say you will spend an evening interneting with the phone instead of using the lappy ???

the phones ie is good for vacations ect but can you all honestly say you will spend an evening interneting with the phone instead of using the lappy ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Surely not; but I see myself well doing all my international and even some roaming calls via VoIP... ;)

I guess I'll opt for the M3000.

Edited by pierre

Pocket Outlook sounds nice - anyone any experience of using it?

Also, does it come with any tools for opening .pdfs, .docs or .xls out of the the box?

Not keeping up these days, so sorry for the off-topic, but are there any phones (no PDA's, PPC's, etc) coming up with 3G, wifi and full internet browsing? Its not so much to ask, is it???

Edited by Dr Who

Pocket Outlook sounds nice - anyone any experience of using it?

Also, does it come with any tools for opening .pdfs, .docs or .xls out of the the box?

Not keeping up these days, so sorry for the off-topic, but are there any phones (no PDA's, PPC's, etc) coming up with 3G, wifi and full internet browsing? Its not so much to ask, is it???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pocket Outlook is nice. The name says it all. I've been using it with great satisfaction since 2002 on my SPV 1G, then SPV E100, then C500, and now on my M500.

Talking of Windows-based mobile phones, I don't think so there is any available with UMTS and WIFI. But surely these units shall be available soon; let's say in around 3-6 months.

but can you all honestly say you will spend an evening interneting with the phone instead of using the lappy ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope.. But I get an email everytime my favorite PODcast is updated, and then I can download the podcast to my phone and listen to it, without having to sync.

/J

Guest spark-x

A flash and Wifi would make this a must have phone for lots of people i'm sure?

I never thought the camera thing was of any use to me but having just tried a sony phone I was amazed by the quality..

Guest Pondrew

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assuming u don't mind including Pocket PC Phones, there is the HTC Universal being sold as the XDA Exec/MDA Pro/Jasjar. Has 3G, Wifi and full internet browsing.

Assuming u don't mind including Pocket PC Phones, there is the HTC Universal being sold as the XDA Exec/MDA Pro/Jasjar. Has 3G, Wifi and full internet browsing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Pondrew. I have seen the Universal but its still a bit too big for me to want to have as purely a phone. To be honest smartphones are only a toy for me so I don't need the functionality of the universal, but I like to keep my toys up to date! Oh, and in my pocket.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.