Should we PodCast?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I receive a ton of PM and emails every day, and now and again I get one asking about whether we plan to PodCast.

I have toyed with the idea, but am currently undecided, but I DO nowadays have more time to do these kinds of things.

So, please feel free to respond to the following questions...

- Should we (MoDaCo) PodCast?

- What would you like to see in a PodCast?

The second question is of course key... if we (I) DO PodCast... then I want to be the best PodCast around, simple as that. What would you like to see? Chat with industry figures? 'Phone ins'? Member voice questions?

I'm listening ;)

P

Guest Jamma14

I always listened to the coolsmartphone ones and I think if there were MoDaCo ones it would be great!

I think something that involves lots of members would be good - like where we can send you voice clips talking about our opinions on news or like you said a question and answer session. If everyone gets involved I think it would add to the already great community spirit of MoDaCo.

"Chat with industry figures? 'Phone ins'? Member voice questions?" Are all great ideas.

One thing I would say though, I wouldn't don't do them too often, maybe every fortnight - definitely aim for quality, not quantity. And if they came out a lot it would lose the specialness of a podcast coming out, if you see what I mean and I would be less inclined to download it.

Anyways I say go for it good idea!

O and since you have some more free time, are we likely to see any more "features" in the near future? :D

EDIT: Spelling, grammar etc. ;)

Edited by Jamma14

a modaco podcast would be a good idea as long as they dont sound like a certain podcast maker ;)

answering questions would be a good way for modaco members to be closer to modaco.

if not a podcast which everyone does now adays then maybe a videocast might be fun as the latest phones could be seen :D a sort of skynews modaco style :D

Hi,

Why not. I would suggest to stick with content related to what Modaco is. Could be extracts of conferences you attend in events, such as Microsoft's etc. Could be video(/audio) tutorials (members could post their own!)

Edited by pierre

i would like to see them myself, a good idea! maybe with guest speakers and interviews... but the content, would it be day to day modaco topics? is there enough i wonder...

I would like to see some ideas on content, anyone?

Guest bluesmudge

As far as i can see, Modaco is the best place around for Windows based devices. So the podcast should reflect this!

Definately go for it - even if its for a few weeks, monitor download numbers and if it stays successful over a period of time carry on!

You could make money by putting some ads in it! (at the end followed by "and now for some adverts - so we can secretly turn off . . but we won't tell the advertisers that will we!) If the money goes back into modaco, and maybe means we could reduce banners on the site i think alot of people would be happy.

The podcast should definatly be inventive - diffrent. Consider the video cast, or perhaps a reading from one of the many bibles (handy tips from a mannual for a device which users might have missed!)

Thing is not to do as others do and to post podcasts for the sake of it , if the cast is thought out before hand that would make it sound and feel more pro.

one little section you could have included could be a feature hosted by ash called 'awarners hall of shame' where bad members are mentioned with their crimes , done in a pro way which may make members think twice before asking for that rom ect... ;)

Guest chucky.egg

I voted "indifferent" because I'd be just as happy (maybe more so) to have better RSS feeds, and Mobile access, to Modaco.

WM news is all well and good, but normally something will be announced several months (years?) before it's actually available to us mere mortals, so there's plenty of opportunity to read about it.

What might be interesting, and set a "ModacoCast" apart is a PodCast of a conference call between, say Modaco, Orange, MS etc discussing issues of the day. Or perhaps the first N callers (Modaco members) giving their personal views of the topical issues. Audience participation in the actual PodCast - rather than an audio version of the web chat things

Yes. I've recently started to listen to podcast, one's done well are great and I download them religously, sure MoDaCo would do one well worth listening to

Edited by Furby™

Guest Zone-MR
a modaco podcast would be a good idea as long as they dont sound like a certain podcast maker ;)

I imagine you're referring to podcasts made by the owner of another site dealing with 'M.S. Mob-eels'.

Edited by Zone-MR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.