Downloading video files from PC

Guest bazzza

Anyone know the best way to get the best quality of video on to the c550, i get a large m-peg file and encode it through windows, qualitys not great, abit slow, for example an m-peg file of 35mb is encoded to about 6 or 7mb, any suggestions???? :| :?:

i found this program its called smartmovie. it converts video files into avi. Quality is aweosme, sound is alrite. you have to pay for it though. if you dont then when you convert a file then every minute or so the video goes black and white and on top it says DEMO. the link is

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?no...pter=smartmovie

If you decide to install it i would recomend you not to instal the player that comves with it. google TCPMP. its a free player that i think the best one. when you conver files with smartmovie there will be a checkbox that will say "reduce frames". my advise to u is to uncheck it. it will make your video smoother.

Guest Jamma14

Pocket Divx Encoder is the best, choose pocket pc resolution and you can change the video and audio quality to get the filesize/qualtiy ratio you want - and best of all it's free!

You can watch it in TCPMP as pfcRT2 said which is by far the best video player on the smartphone.

HTH

see now i will have to disagree, virtual dub is about the best converter available, and the mpeg2 mod will even allow direct conversion of dvd's to divx.

For DVD to DivX i would reccomend DVDx, its free, and converts dvd to divX in one of the fastest times i have seen.

Virtual dub still is the best converter in my eyes, yes you have to know wat your doing to get the best out of it but its free, and is the most flexible converters i have ever seen.

Guest pagdodd

I personally have found "dvd to pocketpc" to be the best software for this. This quality is excellent and for larger files you can reduce the quality to suit.