CONNECTION PROBLEM WITH THE XDA EXEC

Guest singer12

Guest singer12

hi i just bought the xda exec and the phone is totally awsome .Anyway the problem is that everytime i connect the usb cable to my laptop with the phone it says found a new hardware but then says error couldnt install the software becouse didnt find it.The cd that is included in the box has 2 progs and only a wireless usb driver and not the active sync prog although i ve downloaded that from the internet.So i guess i have to install the usb driver to the hard disk but i dont know how and active sync cant find the phone.Please somebody tell me what to do becouse i cant establish a connection between xda and the active sync.thanks

Guest dazza12

Do you have a firewall installed on your PC?

Activesync 4 has a problem with certain firewalls, and Microsoft has published a manual workaround. Click here for details.

An update will be released at some point, for now the manual workaround is the only way to fix the issue.

Guest singer12
Do you have a firewall installed on your PC?

Activesync 4 has a problem with certain firewalls, and Microsoft has published a manual workaround. Click here for details.

An update will be released at some point, for now the manual workaround is the only way to fix the issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the answer the thing is that i put the cd to the cdrom that has the usb driver and when i connect the usb cable with the laptop it says found a new hardware it starts to search and then it gets to me error couldnt install it becouse it couldnt find the right software and put the installation cd to the cdrom and try again.So if this version active sync is the problem why it gets to me this error.thanks

Guest Confucious

What OS do you have on your laptop?

Win XP shouldn't need any drivers. I already had ActiveSync 4.1 and haven't even opened the CD that came with my Exec.

Guest singer12
What OS do you have on your laptop?

Win XP shouldn't need any drivers. I already had ActiveSync 4.1 and haven't even opened the CD that came with my Exec.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok i managed to make the connection. the problem was that i downloaded another version of active sync. and thats whyt it couldnt connect thanks for the answer though Edited by singer12