Mac (c550)

Guest Jamma14

Guest Jamma14
easy mate posted question earlier about tcpmp shortcut, the progams are saved to the phone, no shortcut, for mine.

thanx 4 reply though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya sno, try the attached xml - this one links to the phone rather than the storage card as in the default one.

And w4lly, thanks for helping in my absence. :)

mac_sno.xml

Hiya sno, try the attached xml - this one links to the phone rather than the storage card as in the default one.

And w4lly, thanks for helping in my absence.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

many thanx it did the trick, had an e200 before and it was better to have tcpmp saved to phone with hot swapable sd/mc's, i now have c550 with 1gb card, lucky me.

must say again many thanx

Guest Jamma14
No problem :D Any more skins coming up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I don't know...i was in the middle of creating an xp one with desktop icons, start menu etc using the orange plugin but I've had a lot of work on recently so I did a few graphics and haven't yet gone back to it. Thing is with my skins I like them to be properly finished when I release them so they take a while. :roll:

Anyways I'm perfectly happy with this on my phone at the moment, goes well with the apple-ish style of the phone.

You should try using the orange plug as well w411y, tis great for creating imaginative homescreens. U have plans for any new ones??

James

PS. Now the second most downloaded c550 screen, over halfway there to Dr Blow's downloads and only been in on MoDaCo for a month! Glad to see people seem to be liking it! Cheers for the downloading peeps :)

easy mate posted question earlier about tcpmp shortcut, the progams are saved to the phone, no shortcut, for mine.

thanx 4 reply though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where must i put this XML file?????

because i can not install him.

please help me

@jamma ... funny enough i'm in the middle of creating a full screen, kinda like dr blows. Thing is my pc has been in repair for 3 days and looks like im gonna lose all my data:shock: last back up I did was about 3 months ago .. OOPS ! usually I create a screen in abort 1hr because I always fancy a change but I do plan on a screen with the O plugin,facade and Smart monitor.

@ lexius ...copy and paste the xml to your phore in this folder ...

storage\application data\home\ and it Should appear J

Guest Jamma14
Awesome homescreen!

BUT, is there any way to make a version for non-Orange phones? I have a brand new Qtek 8310 smartphone.

Sincerely,

- Oystein -

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya Oystein, a guy called Chris has created another mac homescreen that works with non orange QVGA phones, although the dock functions slightly differently, and there are some different plugins.

Have a look HERE. :)

James

Edited by Jamma14

easy mate just a quick question, i changed the notepad link to an exe for picodrive, how do i change the text on the shortcut icon, or maybe a new icon,

many thanx for your time

Guest Jamma14
easy mate just a quick question, i changed the notepad link to an exe for picodrive, how do i change the text on the shortcut icon, or maybe a new icon,

many thanx for your time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erm well the text and icon are embedded into the pics at the mo as I can get them to look the way I want like that...I can upload a new Jamma.exe for you to change the text to PicoDrive, but changing the icon for each pic would involve a lot of photoshop work!

EDIT: Okay here is a zip with the new Jamma.exe icon resource (just replace the one in your storage\application data\home folder, and I've included all the icon files too, if you want to edit them. If you do edit them to your liking, mail me your edited ones and I'll create a new exe for you.

Hope that helps,

James :)

Edited.zip

Edited by Jamma14

Erm well the text and icon are embedded into the pics at the mo as I can get them to look the way I want like that...I can upload a new Jamma.exe for you to change the text to PicoDrive, but changing the icon for each pic would involve a lot of photoshop work!

EDIT: Okay here is a zip with the new Jamma.exe icon resource (just replace the one in your storage\application data\home folder, and I've included all the icon files too, if you want to edit them. If you do edit them to your liking, mail me your edited ones and I'll create a new exe for you.

Hope that helps,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

easy mate ya spoiling me,

yeah thats great but i seem to have lost the text of the other shortcut icons, sorry to be such a pain. this was my first attempt at editing a homescreen file but to be honest its hard to better something thats allready great but i dont use note pad & at the moment i am hammering picodrive qvga version & thought i should try changing shortcuts, my first attempt didnt work as i put it as a link decided to use exe & it worked well

yet again many thanx, your a star

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamma14
Hello does this theme include boot up shut down log on screens?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hiya mini_man, yeh I plan to do some, as well as a start menu skin, but I'm working on another skin at the moment - I'll get on the job as soon as I finish the current one. Which, by the way, is gonna be great. :)

James

wow sounds gr8, u seem really skillful at this. Is that the windows xp skin? and i wont want tcmp on my mru is it possible to change them??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi just a quick question why wont you need the tcpmp shortcut it's the best full screen video player for the ms smartphones & maybe even pocket pc's and its free it also has a converter to convert various formats of av and it is also free, i have got to say if you ar'nt interested in watching films, music videos or tv series on your phone then fair enough but if you do you cant beat tcpmp .

i dont have any thing to do with tcpmp i know it must sound like i'm advertising them, it is just a realy good program.

Guest mini_man

Hey, doesnt wmp run full screen?? i will use my phone for media but tcmp is really no use in my eyes. WMP runs .mpg .wmv .mp3 .wma .avi .3gp and thts all i need! never found much use of .ogg and wmp looks less tacky than tcmp

Guest Jamma14
Hey, doesnt wmp run full screen?? i will use my phone for media but tcmp is really no use in my eyes. WMP runs .mpg .wmv .mp3 .wma .avi .3gp and thts all i need! never found much use of .ogg and wmp looks less tacky than tcmp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wmp isn't great, it runs .wmv .3gp and uncompressed .avi files but not much else.

It's fine for music, but I use TCPMP for movies. You can rip a dvd to your computer and then compress it into a small divx file for your phone. Then you can use the films, tv etc for when you are bored on the train, for example, and on the hi res c550 the films are suprisingly good quality.

Also TCPMP can play basically any file type you can think of - .mpg .ogm etc that WMP can't, which is extremely useful. It may not look as pleasant as WMP, but as sno said, it is sooo much better for videos.

O and also yeh it is a XP one. :-$

Guest mini_man

I was actually thinking about that for the past day, I realise that wmp is rubbish for movies but for music it has a familar layout for the pc as well as album art yay!. but come to think of it running a full screen movie on a qvga screen is amazing but really i wont see the tackyness at all durr silly me. So can i just download it and thats that or do i need surtain plugins if so direct me.

As for the links, are the follwing task manager, multimedia album and smart explorer part of the phone or do i need to downlaod them seperatly THANKSS. merry christmas :)

Guest Jamma14
I was actually thinking about that for the past day, I realise that wmp is rubbish for movies but for music it has a familar layout for the pc as well as album art yay!. but come to think of it running a full screen movie on a qvga screen is amazing but really i wont see the tackyness at all durr silly me. So can i just download it and thats that or do i need surtain plugins if so direct me.

As for the links, are the follwing task manager, multimedia album and smart explorer part of the phone or do i need to downlaod them seperatly THANKSS. merry christmas :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Task mgr, and album are part of the phone, and you can get smart explorer HERE. (That is essential too - much better than the in built file explorer - can encrypt, decrypt, zip, unzip send files via IR, BT etc and it's all free.

Happy crimbo to you too. :)

Task mgr, and album are part of the phone, and you can get smart explorer HERE. (That is essential too - much better than the in built file explorer - can encrypt, decrypt, zip, unzip send files via IR, BT etc and it's all free.

Happy crimbo to you too.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

looking forward to seeing you're xp homescreen.

i think you missed out orneta notepad out of the program shortcuts above which is another free progam i think, i am sure google will find it.

Merry Christmas to all

& many thanx to Jamma14 for the mac homescreen and all the help

sno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.