Problems with my C550

Guest w411y

Got 2 problems ...

1 ) If i mains charge or USB charge the device the backlight stays on and the device changes the settings itself to Backlight timeout = Never and Display Timeout = 30secs. After changing the settings back to 30secs each the screen still stays on and the settings will only b followed after i switch the phone off and on :D

2) My device is deciding not to run .cabs ;) i have a folder in my start menu named "Install..." where i put .cabs to install onto my device but when i click on them nothing happens :D :D

Any idead on how to fix this ... i dont fancy another hard reset yet :(

Guest Jamma14

Don't know about No1 but for number two - explore your registry to HKCR\cabfile\Shell\Open\Command and make sure there is a key named (Default) with the value wceload.exe "%1", if it says something else - change it to that and then give the installation a go. If not, maybe try running it in an explorer rather than the start menu and see if that helps..

Let me know if that sorts ya.

James

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
2) My device is deciding not to run .cabs  ;) i have a folder in my start menu named "Install..." where i put .cabs to install onto my device but when i click on them nothing happens  :D  :D

Any idead on how to fix this ... i dont fancy another hard reset yet :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this first (before you go for a hard reset :D )

Download the file attachment, sync phone to PC, run the file on PC. It should fix the phone's cab file registry values.

Fix.CAB.exe

Thanks for that will try it after i give my phone a charge, but after fixing problem number 2 with GPC's exe it hasn't happened during a USB charge ;) strange ... will see what happens on a mains charge soon

edit : changed problem 1 to problem 2

Edited by w411y

see i had the same backlight problem, and the culprit is TCPMP it keeps the backlight on, even when ure not using it, it needs to be closed by using the menu in the program or by checking it is closed in task manager.

Dont worry, i went mad 2. ;)